- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Saturday 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Saturday 8:00 AM
Holy upvotes, Batman!
Reddit, the social news site, lines up celebrities like “Batman”‘s Adam West for interviews at the thoroughly nerdy Comic-Con convention.
Yesterday we wrote about how Reddit is planning a book based on its question and answer section, IAmA (“I Am A”), where extraordinary and sometimes very ordinary people ask redditors to AMA (“ask me anything”).
Now it looks like the social news site may need to add a whole new chapter.
Reddit is hosting a series of IAmA interviews with stars at Comic-Con, the annual comic convention held July 21 to 24 in San Diego.
The first star to grace Reddit’s IAmA stage is Adam West, who played the original television Batman and voices himself as a delusional mayor on Fox’s The Family Guy.
He’s already being peppered with quintessentially Reddit questions: oddly knowledgeable, and surprisingly direct. They seem particularly interested in West’s role on Fox:
“Can you tell us how you got to be a regular member of the the Family Guy cast? More specifically, how did they convince you to use your real name for a character that is bat-shit crazy?”
“Do you appreciate the irony that you started out playing Batman, but now are known for a senseless and chaotic parody that is more similar to the Joker?”
Redditors will have to wait for answers to those questions and others, though. Normally stars respond directly to questions on the site, but the site plans to post these as video interviews.
Meanwhile, other stars have also started taking questions. So far this includes Zach Weiner, author and illustrator of Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and Andy Serkis, who voiced Gollum in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings series and has a starring role in the forthcoming Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Reddit HQ is keeping a tight lid on who’s next.
But we’re hoping it’s the entire cast of HBO’s fantasy epic Game of Thrones, a big hit on often-geeky Reddit. Though an IAmA that popular might just break the Internet.
Or at least Reddit.
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.