- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos 8 Years Ago
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
Reddit, the social news site, lines up celebrities like “Batman”‘s Adam West for interviews at the thoroughly nerdy Comic-Con convention.
Yesterday we wrote about how Reddit is planning a book based on its question and answer section, IAmA (“I Am A”), where extraordinary and sometimes very ordinary people ask redditors to AMA (“ask me anything”).
Now it looks like the social news site may need to add a whole new chapter.
Reddit is hosting a series of IAmA interviews with stars at Comic-Con, the annual comic convention held July 21 to 24 in San Diego.
The first star to grace Reddit’s IAmA stage is Adam West, who played the original television Batman and voices himself as a delusional mayor on Fox’s The Family Guy.
He’s already being peppered with quintessentially Reddit questions: oddly knowledgeable, and surprisingly direct. They seem particularly interested in West’s role on Fox:
“Can you tell us how you got to be a regular member of the the Family Guy cast? More specifically, how did they convince you to use your real name for a character that is bat-shit crazy?”
“Do you appreciate the irony that you started out playing Batman, but now are known for a senseless and chaotic parody that is more similar to the Joker?”
Redditors will have to wait for answers to those questions and others, though. Normally stars respond directly to questions on the site, but the site plans to post these as video interviews.
Meanwhile, other stars have also started taking questions. So far this includes Zach Weiner, author and illustrator of Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and Andy Serkis, who voiced Gollum in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings series and has a starring role in the forthcoming Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Reddit HQ is keeping a tight lid on who’s next.
But we’re hoping it’s the entire cast of HBO’s fantasy epic Game of Thrones, a big hit on often-geeky Reddit. Though an IAmA that popular might just break the Internet.
Or at least Reddit.
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.