- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage 8 Years Ago
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Today 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Today 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
Reddit, the social news site, lines up celebrities like “Batman”‘s Adam West for interviews at the thoroughly nerdy Comic-Con convention.
Yesterday we wrote about how Reddit is planning a book based on its question and answer section, IAmA (“I Am A”), where extraordinary and sometimes very ordinary people ask redditors to AMA (“ask me anything”).
Now it looks like the social news site may need to add a whole new chapter.
Reddit is hosting a series of IAmA interviews with stars at Comic-Con, the annual comic convention held July 21 to 24 in San Diego.
The first star to grace Reddit’s IAmA stage is Adam West, who played the original television Batman and voices himself as a delusional mayor on Fox’s The Family Guy.
He’s already being peppered with quintessentially Reddit questions: oddly knowledgeable, and surprisingly direct. They seem particularly interested in West’s role on Fox:
“Can you tell us how you got to be a regular member of the the Family Guy cast? More specifically, how did they convince you to use your real name for a character that is bat-shit crazy?”
“Do you appreciate the irony that you started out playing Batman, but now are known for a senseless and chaotic parody that is more similar to the Joker?”
Redditors will have to wait for answers to those questions and others, though. Normally stars respond directly to questions on the site, but the site plans to post these as video interviews.
Meanwhile, other stars have also started taking questions. So far this includes Zach Weiner, author and illustrator of Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and Andy Serkis, who voiced Gollum in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings series and has a starring role in the forthcoming Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Reddit HQ is keeping a tight lid on who’s next.
But we’re hoping it’s the entire cast of HBO’s fantasy epic Game of Thrones, a big hit on often-geeky Reddit. Though an IAmA that popular might just break the Internet.
Or at least Reddit.
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.