- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Ashton Kutcher’s vow of silence on Twitter has had an immediate impact on his online influence, according to a new list.
Divorce and a self-imposed Twitter exile have not been kind to Ashton Kutcher.
Kutcher fell off the top 10 list of Twitter users, as measured by number of followers. Kutcher, who was replaced on the list by Selena Gomez, was an early advocate of the microblogging site and the first person to reach one million Twitter followers in 2009.
Last month Kutcher said he was going to temporarily stop using the service after some comments about fired Penn State Football Coach Joe Paterno made him seem insensitive to the sexual-abuse victims of former Assistant Coach Joe Sandusky. He has posted just 13 tweets since the Nov. 10 announcement, including one about the breakup with actress Demi Moore.
“I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi,” he Tweeted on Nov. 17.
The latest release of All Twitter’s top users was also marked by another milestone: Recording artist Rhianna became just the sixth person to crack 10 million followers, joining Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, President Barack Obama, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, and Shakira. Lady Gaga stayed atop the list, with 16.4 million followers.
Photo by jdlastica
Dave Copeland is a tech reporter whose work has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, and ReadWrite. He teaches journalism at Bridgewater State University.