- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Punk’d: Ashton Kutcher falls off Twitter’s top 10
Ashton Kutcher’s vow of silence on Twitter has had an immediate impact on his online influence, according to a new list.
Divorce and a self-imposed Twitter exile have not been kind to Ashton Kutcher.
Kutcher fell off the top 10 list of Twitter users, as measured by number of followers. Kutcher, who was replaced on the list by Selena Gomez, was an early advocate of the microblogging site and the first person to reach one million Twitter followers in 2009.
Last month Kutcher said he was going to temporarily stop using the service after some comments about fired Penn State Football Coach Joe Paterno made him seem insensitive to the sexual-abuse victims of former Assistant Coach Joe Sandusky. He has posted just 13 tweets since the Nov. 10 announcement, including one about the breakup with actress Demi Moore.
“I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi,” he Tweeted on Nov. 17.
The latest release of All Twitter’s top users was also marked by another milestone: Recording artist Rhianna became just the sixth person to crack 10 million followers, joining Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, President Barack Obama, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, and Shakira. Lady Gaga stayed atop the list, with 16.4 million followers.
Photo by jdlastica
Dave Copeland is a tech reporter whose work has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, and ReadWrite. He teaches journalism at Bridgewater State University.