- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Ariana Grande reached out to her estranged dad—and Twitter has feelings
A complicated relationship with her father was no match for the Christmas spirit Ariana Grande felt on Tuesday.
Grande is very close to her mother Joan but has previously spoken out about her strained relationship with her dad, Edward Butera. The singer told Seventeen magazine during a 2014 interview that she fell “out of touch with [her] dad.”
“I had to accept that it’s okay not to get along with somebody and still love them,” she added.
She even touched on their relationship in her hit single, “thank u, next.”
“One day I’ll walk to down the aisle, holding hands with my momma,” she sings in the track. “I’ll be thanking my dad ‘cause she grew from the drama.”
But it seems the star was able to put all hurt feelings aside and give her old man a call. She even posted a black and white picture of their FaceTime chat on her Instagram story.
she’s facetiming her dad how cute 🙁 pic.twitter.com/o7MOMjgumd
— ♡Ariana♡ (@loveAriana456) December 25, 2018
Fans were excited the star seemed to be rebuilding relationships.
Oh shit so Ariana’s still talking to her dad? 👀 I thought they had grown apart aodjosndkd good for her that she’s on good terms with her dad tho!!
— danιque 🐝🖤 (@arianasdizzee) December 26, 2018
ariana calling her dad after a long while makes me happy pic.twitter.com/NfNDn35KMg
— Emmaa❄ (@sidextoside) December 26, 2018
ariana was talking with her dad immmm— pic.twitter.com/o0NtFzwUTz
— diana. (@ariqoari) December 25, 2018
Ariana talking to her dad makes me so happy awww pic.twitter.com/OvGJfmhE01
— ًshyanne (@babydirectit) December 25, 2018
ariana face timing with her dad >
— ᴹᴬᴿᴵᴱ ☽ (@nasababydoll) December 26, 2018
This isn’t the first time Grande has posted about her dad since talking about their relationship. In 2017, she posted a baby picture with him and wished him a happy Father’s Day.
It seems rebuilding the relationship couldn’t come at a better time for Grande, who from break-ups to break-out hits has had quite the year.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.