- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari 6 Months Ago
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Today 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Today 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Today 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Today 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Today 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
Angela from ‘The Office’ calls out nephew after he used her photo on Tinder
Dating is cringe-worthy enough on its own, but for one user, it may have gotten even more so after his famous aunt called him out for using her photo on his Tinder profile.
The Tinder profile of James looks fairly ordinary at first glance: It’s got the basics and a corny line. But it also gives some context to one photo featuring actress Angela Kinsey, who’s best known for playing Angela on The Office. For those who might recognize Kinsey in the photo, it’s not just a random celebrity photo—it’s a family photo because, according to James, Kinsey is his aunt. But it also serves the purpose of casually bragging that he’s related to Kinsey.
But because nothing’s ever truly a secret online, a screengrab of James’ profile—or at least word of what his profile contained—made its way to Kinsey, who casually dunked on him in a recent Instagram Story.
“Nephews…do not put me in your @tinder profile photos,” Kinsey wrote. “K. Thx. Byeeeee.”
i’m fucking DEAD rn y’all have no idea pic.twitter.com/ELO5u5SyEF
— kate (@dunfIower) August 15, 2018
After the side-by-side screengrabs of James’ profile and Kinsey’s response went viral on Twitter, Kinsey also added a grimacing emoji in response.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.