- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Today 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Today 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Today 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Today 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
With “Anchorman 2” announcement, @RonBurgundy joins Twitter
I don’t know how to put this, but it’s kind of a big deal.
We have a feeling @RonBurgundy will stay classy.
With the long-awaited sequel to Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy finally getting the go-ahead, the film’s protagonist has joined Twitter.
While it has not yet been confirmed who’s running it, the account was revealed just before the mustachioed and masculine newsman (played by Will Ferrell) announced the sequel on Conan Wednesday night, now has an account on the microblogging service.
“Hey America & Hawaii. Looks like Paramount & my lawyer Gene Tigerworthy have agreed to terms on a sequel to Anchorman. Whiskey sours on me!”
Other community members were quick to react to the news, with the term “Ron Burgundy” trending worldwide on Twitter Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
“The humor gods hath smiled upon us,” tweeted Kim Brown.
“So my new years resolution has come true. Ron Burgundy is getting the crew back together. #Dreams do come true! Stay classy San Diego!” commented @ButchyBlk.
Yet the sequel announcement did not please everyone. “Anchorman 2? So another potential 8 years of people doing out of context Ron Burgundy quotes then? Great,” wrote Ross Maclean.
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.