- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ 7 Years Ago
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
With “Anchorman 2” announcement, @RonBurgundy joins Twitter
I don’t know how to put this, but it’s kind of a big deal.
We have a feeling @RonBurgundy will stay classy.
With the long-awaited sequel to Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy finally getting the go-ahead, the film’s protagonist has joined Twitter.
While it has not yet been confirmed who’s running it, the account was revealed just before the mustachioed and masculine newsman (played by Will Ferrell) announced the sequel on Conan Wednesday night, now has an account on the microblogging service.
“Hey America & Hawaii. Looks like Paramount & my lawyer Gene Tigerworthy have agreed to terms on a sequel to Anchorman. Whiskey sours on me!”
Other community members were quick to react to the news, with the term “Ron Burgundy” trending worldwide on Twitter Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
“The humor gods hath smiled upon us,” tweeted Kim Brown.
“So my new years resolution has come true. Ron Burgundy is getting the crew back together. #Dreams do come true! Stay classy San Diego!” commented @ButchyBlk.
Yet the sequel announcement did not please everyone. “Anchorman 2? So another potential 8 years of people doing out of context Ron Burgundy quotes then? Great,” wrote Ross Maclean.
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.