- New York to ban sale of most flavored e-cigarettes Today 8:45 AM
- How to watch ‘Dancing with the Stars’ season 28 Today 8:06 AM
- Watch the new ‘Jurassic World’ short film ‘Battle at Big Rock’ Today 8:04 AM
- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a Triple Crown-winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles systemic racism in ‘Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
The reigning queen of comedy is at it again. After debuting her third season of Inside Amy Schumer and performing a hilarious send-up of booty anthems, last night Amy Schumer took sharp aim at “self-esteem boosting” boy band anthems with a One Direction sound-alike titled “Girl You Don’t Need Makeup.”
The hilarious video visits the tropes of all those obnoxious music videos that tell girls they’re “naturally beautiful” while obviously reinforcing less than natural beauty standards. In the sketch, a boy band surrounds Schumer and urges her to take off her makeup, but once she fully removes it, there’s a twist. Whoops, they misspoke. Maybe just a touch of mascara, the boys urge. You know, so she can be recognizably female.
The sketch is a pitch-perfect critique of these ridiculous “feel-good” tunes. But what’s even more feel-good? Schumer took to Twitter and encouraged fans to post selfies with the #GirlYouDontNeedMakeup hashtag and has been retweeting the results.
Here are some of the happy fans Schumer has retweeted so far:
Screengrab via Inside Amy Schumer/Comedy Central
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.