- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time 5 Years Ago
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency 5 Years Ago
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now 5 Years Ago
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
The reigning queen of comedy is at it again. After debuting her third season of Inside Amy Schumer and performing a hilarious send-up of booty anthems, last night Amy Schumer took sharp aim at “self-esteem boosting” boy band anthems with a One Direction sound-alike titled “Girl You Don’t Need Makeup.”
The hilarious video visits the tropes of all those obnoxious music videos that tell girls they’re “naturally beautiful” while obviously reinforcing less than natural beauty standards. In the sketch, a boy band surrounds Schumer and urges her to take off her makeup, but once she fully removes it, there’s a twist. Whoops, they misspoke. Maybe just a touch of mascara, the boys urge. You know, so she can be recognizably female.
The sketch is a pitch-perfect critique of these ridiculous “feel-good” tunes. But what’s even more feel-good? Schumer took to Twitter and encouraged fans to post selfies with the #GirlYouDontNeedMakeup hashtag and has been retweeting the results.
Here are some of the happy fans Schumer has retweeted so far:
Screengrab via Inside Amy Schumer/Comedy Central
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.