- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
Khaleesi Amy Poehler quizzes George R.R. Martin about ‘Game of Thrones’
The real fun is simply watching the author laugh.
George R.R. Martin is a man of words, and many words at that. While the Game of Thrones author has penned some of the most cutting and infamous lines in pop culture, how good is his recall when it comes to remembering who said what? That’s just what Amy Poehler, a noble and blonde khaleesi in her own right, was looking to find out during her appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers.
With the assistance of Meyers, Poehler began testing Martin’s recall. Though it was sharp, he stumbled a few times. How could the author have forgotten that Breeze Daniels, the Westeros 9 meteorologist, was the one who uttered the first “winter is coming” warning? While the author managed to fall into a few traps, the quiz wasn’t a total
red wedding bloodbath.
If you’re not a Game of Thrones fan or a Poehler fan, you’ll appreciate the sheer joy of watching George R.R. Martin laugh and wiggle at the same time.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.