- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back 2 Years Ago
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Today 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
Amber Rose this week unveiled her new line of luxury sex toys. They’ve been curated and endorsed by the sex-positive social media star herself and developed by Swedish industry luminaries Lelo.
The partnership is a $10 million endorsement deal between Rose and Lelo. If it seems excessive, consider that last year’s Rose offering, a clitoral stimulator called the Sona, became 2017’s fastest-selling sex toy, according to Lelo. The two also partnered during one of Rose’s annual “Slutwalks,” a series of marches that protest rape culture.
“Before I found Lelo, sex toys weren’t a big part of my life. But that’s all changed—I waited a long time to find the perfect toys for me,” Rose said in a statement. “I’m a real Lelo convert. I’m passionate about empowering everyone to embrace their bodies and their pleasure.”
Lelo says that only 25 percent of adults in their research admit to owning sex toys, and hopes this collection helps break down their stigma. Lelo adds that Rose is a philosophical fit and that the company needed “a partner on board that truly has her ear to the ground and literally knows what women want in today’s society when it comes to sex.”
The “Amber Rose Toybox” includes a G-spot massager, prostate massager, remote control couples massager, a silicone vibrating ring for men, and an oral sex simulator—all sold separately, of course.
Last year, Lelo made headlines when 30,000 of its condoms were stolen from a Las Vegas warehouse. But the Stockholm company is thriving by turning to social media and attacking stigmas.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.