- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football 5 Years Ago
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer 5 Years Ago
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns 5 Years Ago
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died 5 Years Ago
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
- #DeadUploadDay: YouTubers fight new rules for monetizing kids videos Today 10:39 AM
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ director responds to Brenda Song controversy Today 10:36 AM
- Google announces new limits for political advertising Today 9:18 AM
This story contains sexually explicit material and may be considered NSFW.
She posted a series of photos to Instagram, each featuring her wearing a tiny string bikini. It covers up enough to float past Instagram’s rules and guidelines about nudity, but many of us are wondering where it ends and begins (If it’s all connected, is it still a bikini or technically a one-piece? Discuss.), and how she can move without the entire thing falling off.
Seeing how she’s lounging around and posing from what looks like a private residence, it’s probably not a major concern for her.
Amber Rose looks good—and she knows it. Just take a look at those captions.
Turns out, the Internet thinks she’s slaying it too.
When Amber Rose posted her nudes, the whole planet stopped orbiting
— Bdell (@Bdell1014) January 18, 2015
If I was Amber Rose, I’d NEVER wear clothes in the house. Never. You gon look at THIS, sir.
— Ayesha Feijoada (@blowticious) January 17, 2015
The debate over whether the bathing suit is a string bikini is still out. Instead of searching high and low for one to copy her look, people made jokes about how to make their own.
As with Kardashian last month and everyone from Beyoncé to Dita Von Teese, Rose is being criticized and slut-shamed for posting the photos because she is owning her sexuality in a public setting while being a mother, something Beejoli Shah called “a bunch of anti-feminist bullshit” last month.
“And the fact that it’s being thrown at [Kardashian] primarily from other women?” Shah wrote. “Well, that’s just worse.”
Rose’s fans are standing up for her right to post photos of herself in various states of undress online while using the platform to call out others who praised Rose but shamed Kardashian last month.
Why are people hating on Amber Rose? Or any woman that poses in bikinis? But it’s okay to thirst over shirtless dudes? Grow up.
— Kingsley (@kingsleyyy) January 17, 2015
So Amber Rose can get away with taking provocative images but when Kim Kardashian does it everyone questions her competency as a mother. ok
— DOORMAN (@NYDoorman) January 18, 2015
I don’t know about you, but I inexplicably have a sudden desire to go to the gym now.
RT if Amber Rose got you renewing your gym membership.
— hoochie mama (@Awkward_Duck) January 18, 2015
Amber Rose did this for us.. she trying to push us to keep all those New Year’s Resolutions and body goals. She’s for the people
— Pussy Poppin Poppies (@axolROSE) January 17, 2015
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.