- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
The best reactions to Amber Rose’s gravity-defying bikini pics
2015’s going to be a tough Internet-breaking competition.
This story contains sexually explicit material and may be considered NSFW.
She posted a series of photos to Instagram, each featuring her wearing a tiny string bikini. It covers up enough to float past Instagram’s rules and guidelines about nudity, but many of us are wondering where it ends and begins (If it’s all connected, is it still a bikini or technically a one-piece? Discuss.), and how she can move without the entire thing falling off.
Seeing how she’s lounging around and posing from what looks like a private residence, it’s probably not a major concern for her.
Amber Rose looks good—and she knows it. Just take a look at those captions.
Turns out, the Internet thinks she’s slaying it too.
When Amber Rose posted her nudes, the whole planet stopped orbiting
— Bdell (@Bdell1014) January 18, 2015
If I was Amber Rose, I’d NEVER wear clothes in the house. Never. You gon look at THIS, sir.
— Ayesha Feijoada (@blowticious) January 17, 2015
The debate over whether the bathing suit is a string bikini is still out. Instead of searching high and low for one to copy her look, people made jokes about how to make their own.
As with Kardashian last month and everyone from Beyoncé to Dita Von Teese, Rose is being criticized and slut-shamed for posting the photos because she is owning her sexuality in a public setting while being a mother, something Beejoli Shah called “a bunch of anti-feminist bullshit” last month.
“And the fact that it’s being thrown at [Kardashian] primarily from other women?” Shah wrote. “Well, that’s just worse.”
Rose’s fans are standing up for her right to post photos of herself in various states of undress online while using the platform to call out others who praised Rose but shamed Kardashian last month.
Why are people hating on Amber Rose? Or any woman that poses in bikinis? But it’s okay to thirst over shirtless dudes? Grow up.
— Kingsley (@kingsleyyy) January 17, 2015
So Amber Rose can get away with taking provocative images but when Kim Kardashian does it everyone questions her competency as a mother. ok
— DOORMAN (@NYDoorman) January 18, 2015
I don’t know about you, but I inexplicably have a sudden desire to go to the gym now.
RT if Amber Rose got you renewing your gym membership.
— hoochie mama (@Awkward_Duck) January 18, 2015
Amber Rose did this for us.. she trying to push us to keep all those New Year’s Resolutions and body goals. She’s for the people
— Pussy Poppin Poppies (@axolROSE) January 17, 2015
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.