- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok 7 Years Ago
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Today 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
Amanda Bynes driving—the latest meme sensation
It’s like Texts from Hillary but with car crashes.
With more than one million posts last year, Canvas is the imageboard of choice for meme junkies. Every afternoon, the Daily Dot highlights a collection of images that reflect Canvas users’ current obsession.
On Sunday, Amanda Bynes had her BMW towed from the Burbank Airport after she was pulled over for driving with a revoked license. The 25-year-old actress, who built her fame on Nickelodeon shows like All That, is “facing two hit-and-run charges and one of driving under the influence,” the Los Angeles Times reported. She was charged with drunk driving after she hit a cop car in West Hollywood on April 6.
News of Bynes’ latest driving mishap irked actress Lindsey Lohan, who has been jailed for for driving under the influence and shoplifting.
“Why did I get put in jail and a nickelodeon star has had NO punishment(s) so far?” Lohan tweeted Sunday to her 4.2 million Twitter followers.
While Bynes contemplates a response to Lohan, the Canvas imageboard community has been turning an image macro of the actress texting while driving into a meme.
Photo posted by lowestofthekeys
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.