- How to watch ‘Live Rescue’ for free 7 Years Ago
- Roger Stone to speak at Virginia strip club 7 Years Ago
- Trans/Sex: Solid sex toy picks for pre-op and non-op trans women Today 6:30 AM
- Why Barrett Brown burned his National Magazine Award—and what he’s planning next Today 6:30 AM
- That heartbreaking ‘Game of Thrones’ song has key ties to the book Today 6:27 AM
- Here are the 11 best health documentaries on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to add people to Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- How to play Fortnite on Mac Today 5:30 AM
- Feminist memes are a banner of social change on Instagram Today 5:00 AM
- VR game Jupiter and Mars thoughtfully explores climate change Today 4:30 AM
- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
The Archer voice actress uses heavy artillery to show the haters what’s what.
Every day, the Daily Dot finds something that people on Facebook are sharing and, in turn, shares it with you—with a little explanation. Here’s today’s share.
Aisha Tyler, the voice of femme fatale Lana Kane on the animated series Archer, has a message for gamers who apparently claim she lacks cred: “go fuck yourself.”
Actually, she used the acronym “GFY.” Still, it was the perfect coda to a long and passionate diatribe she wrote late Tuesday evening, in which she described a lifelong passion for video games. Addressing “all the haters out there who claim I don’t play” and “every illiterate racist douchebag on Youtube,” she wrote:
I’ve been a gamer since I made friends with a girl in the 5th grade just to get at her Atari.
Since I missed the bus playing Galaga after school.
Since I missed the start of Return of the Jedi playing Tempest in the theater lobby.
Tyler’s outburst was prompted by the online reaction to her appearance at last week’s E3 gaming conference, where she hosted a major press event for Ubisoft.
“I get invited to E3 because real gamers know I’m a gamer,” she wrote.
“Fuck fame. I do it because I love video games,” she added, noting that she’s voiced characters in two major video game franchises: Gears of War and Halo.
The four hundred Facebook users who have shared her rant so far seem to also share her passion. Female friends, especially, echoed Tyler’s sentiment.
“holy shit woman, i love you,” wrote Saraya May.
“I’ve been seeing a lot of vocal female gamers being attacked lately and I don’t understand the trend. Like douches can scare us out of gaming?” added Rachael Whitaker.
“Hearing you in Halo: Reach was AWESOME! I literally yelled out, ‘Holy shit! Lana is here!’” wrote Amanda LaFranco.
Tyler added a photo of herself holding a replica Lancer—combination rifle and chainsaw—from Gears of War.
“Do not wind her up,” wrote Devin McGauley. “That is a big gun.”
Photo via Facebook
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.