- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies 7 Years Ago
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
Aisha Tyler brings out the big guns
The Archer voice actress uses heavy artillery to show the haters what’s what.
Every day, the Daily Dot finds something that people on Facebook are sharing and, in turn, shares it with you—with a little explanation. Here’s today’s share.
Aisha Tyler, the voice of femme fatale Lana Kane on the animated series Archer, has a message for gamers who apparently claim she lacks cred: “go fuck yourself.”
Actually, she used the acronym “GFY.” Still, it was the perfect coda to a long and passionate diatribe she wrote late Tuesday evening, in which she described a lifelong passion for video games. Addressing “all the haters out there who claim I don’t play” and “every illiterate racist douchebag on Youtube,” she wrote:
I’ve been a gamer since I made friends with a girl in the 5th grade just to get at her Atari.
Since I missed the bus playing Galaga after school.
Since I missed the start of Return of the Jedi playing Tempest in the theater lobby.
Tyler’s outburst was prompted by the online reaction to her appearance at last week’s E3 gaming conference, where she hosted a major press event for Ubisoft.
“I get invited to E3 because real gamers know I’m a gamer,” she wrote.
“Fuck fame. I do it because I love video games,” she added, noting that she’s voiced characters in two major video game franchises: Gears of War and Halo.
The four hundred Facebook users who have shared her rant so far seem to also share her passion. Female friends, especially, echoed Tyler’s sentiment.
“holy shit woman, i love you,” wrote Saraya May.
“I’ve been seeing a lot of vocal female gamers being attacked lately and I don’t understand the trend. Like douches can scare us out of gaming?” added Rachael Whitaker.
“Hearing you in Halo: Reach was AWESOME! I literally yelled out, ‘Holy shit! Lana is here!’” wrote Amanda LaFranco.
Tyler added a photo of herself holding a replica Lancer—combination rifle and chainsaw—from Gears of War.
“Do not wind her up,” wrote Devin McGauley. “That is a big gun.”
Photo via Facebook
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.