- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling 6 Years Ago
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke 6 Years Ago
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Today 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Today 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Today 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Today 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Today 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Today 10:30 AM
- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight Today 10:09 AM
- Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos Today 10:06 AM
- Beto O’Rourke under fire for supporting controversial Thin Blue Line Act Today 9:26 AM
- These surreal ‘logo misuse’ sections are hilarious, and they’re going viral Today 9:20 AM
- Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram Today 8:45 AM
- Report: Michael Cohen made fake ‘Women for Cohen’ account that tweeted about how hot he is Today 8:32 AM
- ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ unites fans and critics with major opening Today 8:07 AM
A new Tumblr photoshops together the pop star and the Robin Williams’ wacky nanny character, and it works better than you might expect.
Adele and Mrs. Doubtfire share more similarities than you might suspect: they’re both pleasantly plump, exude a cheery joyfulness, and if you haven’t seen the ladies’ hot dog impressions, then you’re in for a treat.
A new Tumblr melds together the British singer and the Robin Williams character on “What if Adele was Mrs. Doubtfire?” Filled with about a dozen posts since its creation Thursday, it attempts to answer that question.
We’d imagine that Adele would be just as kooky and nutty as her 1993 movie counterpart, but with a slightly better singing voice. However, the singer admits she loves to curse, and she’s allegedly struggled with a drinking problem, so it’s possible the kids would be better off with a nanny who accidentally lights herself on fire.
Although Adele could certainly give Mrs. Doubtfire a run for her money in the “hip-hop, bebop, dance ‘til you drop” department, we still don’t know whether she can “yo yo, make a mean cup of cocoa.”
Photos via What if Adele was Mrs Doubtfire/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.