- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses 7 Years Ago
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake 7 Years Ago
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
A new Tumblr photoshops together the pop star and the Robin Williams’ wacky nanny character, and it works better than you might expect.
Adele and Mrs. Doubtfire share more similarities than you might suspect: they’re both pleasantly plump, exude a cheery joyfulness, and if you haven’t seen the ladies’ hot dog impressions, then you’re in for a treat.
A new Tumblr melds together the British singer and the Robin Williams character on “What if Adele was Mrs. Doubtfire?” Filled with about a dozen posts since its creation Thursday, it attempts to answer that question.
We’d imagine that Adele would be just as kooky and nutty as her 1993 movie counterpart, but with a slightly better singing voice. However, the singer admits she loves to curse, and she’s allegedly struggled with a drinking problem, so it’s possible the kids would be better off with a nanny who accidentally lights herself on fire.
Although Adele could certainly give Mrs. Doubtfire a run for her money in the “hip-hop, bebop, dance ‘til you drop” department, we still don’t know whether she can “yo yo, make a mean cup of cocoa.”
Photos via What if Adele was Mrs Doubtfire/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.