- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ 7 Years Ago
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Today 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
Tumblr site asks “What if Adele was Mrs. Doubtfire?”
A new Tumblr photoshops together the pop star and the Robin Williams’ wacky nanny character, and it works better than you might expect.
Adele and Mrs. Doubtfire share more similarities than you might suspect: they’re both pleasantly plump, exude a cheery joyfulness, and if you haven’t seen the ladies’ hot dog impressions, then you’re in for a treat.
A new Tumblr melds together the British singer and the Robin Williams character on “What if Adele was Mrs. Doubtfire?” Filled with about a dozen posts since its creation Thursday, it attempts to answer that question.
We’d imagine that Adele would be just as kooky and nutty as her 1993 movie counterpart, but with a slightly better singing voice. However, the singer admits she loves to curse, and she’s allegedly struggled with a drinking problem, so it’s possible the kids would be better off with a nanny who accidentally lights herself on fire.
Although Adele could certainly give Mrs. Doubtfire a run for her money in the “hip-hop, bebop, dance ‘til you drop” department, we still don’t know whether she can “yo yo, make a mean cup of cocoa.”
Photos via What if Adele was Mrs Doubtfire/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.