- ‘Carole and Tuesday’ is a feast for the eyes, ears, and heart 4 Years Ago
- Tara Booth’s Instagram art embraces the comedy in mental health struggles 4 Years Ago
- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
The full trailer for their new movie, A Deadly Adoption, was released today, and it’s not quite clear if this is a parody of histrionic Lifetime movies or a real one. There aren’t any laughs, but all the hallmarks of a Lifetime movie are there: unhinged women, people uttering the words “I’m scared,” love triangles, vague menace.
Back on April 1 (wink), it was revealed Wiig and Ferrell were making this “secret” movie. The next day, Ferrell issued a statement, saying, “We are deeply disappointed that our planned top-secret project was made public,” adding that it’d been scrapped and that it was “in the best interest for everyone to forgo the project entirely.” Is Lifetime just trolling everyone? Because I’m into it.
The film joins Lifetime’s storied canon of films, including Sexting in Suburbia, Co-ed Call Girl, and Fifteen and Pregnant.
A Deadly Adoption debuts Saturday, June 20, on Lifetime.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.