- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests 11 Months Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery 11 Months Ago
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again 11 Months Ago
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care 11 Months Ago
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut 11 Months Ago
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Today 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Today 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Today 2:30 PM
- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement Today 2:21 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Olympiacos in the Champions League Today 1:56 PM
- ‘Love Island’ star’s Instagram photo doctored for MAGA hat ad Today 1:16 PM
- Los Tigres del Norte carry on Johnny Cash’s legacy in stellar Folsom Prison concert film Today 1:05 PM
- Keke Palmer’s ‘sorry to this man’ meme is perfect Today 12:59 PM
- Hoodies with fake bullet holes from prominent school shootings spark outrage Today 12:44 PM
- Instagram apologizes for censoring pictures of fish Today 12:40 PM
These celebs managed to avoid the offensive Halloween costume trap
Luckily no one took a page out of the Megyn Kelly costume book
When it comes to Hollywood it’s all about whose costume can get the most likes on social media. If you wear a costume and no one tweets about it, did it even happen?
So far, it doesn’t look like anyone followed Megyn Kelly’s rules for Halloween wear. So no need to be offended; we have three more days for that.
Harry Styles as Elton John
A pop sensation honoring a pop icon. Harry Styles gave a nod to Elton John’s 1975 Dodgers Stadium performance in a completely blinged out Dodgers uniform. Styles didn’t miss a beat and the costume was almost a perfect replica of the original.
Rita Ora as Post Malone
Continuing the trend of celebrities dressing up as other celebrities, Rita Ora showed off her impressive rendition of Post Malone. Ora shed her usual glam for face tattoos, curly hair and a grill.
ma get Halloween started for you the right way... postttyyyyyy I LOVE YOU BRO @PostMalone ...ratatatatataata wassssss gooood!! And this is also a BIG thank you to getting me to 14 million on instagram! pic.twitter.com/Mn7uWeq4Tw— Rita Ora (@RitaOra) October 26, 2018
Paris Hilton as…maybe a Furby?
At first glance, Paris Hilton looked like she was some sort of glamorous owl but upon further investigation, it appears her costume is actually the really scary toy from the 90’s that would sometimes turn on unbidden. Hilton said on Instagram she dressed up as her “Spirit Animal,” with a unicorn emoji. Both outdated trends that never went away? Got it!
Olivia Munn as Peik Lin from Crazy Rich Asians
It’s cool, it’s trendy, and because Olivia Munn is Asian no one has to feel weird about it! Out of all the different characters she could’ve picked, Peik Lin is definitely the most fun from the blockbuster hit Crazy Rich Asians.
Ryan Seacrest as Punky Brewster
Love him or hate him he looks adorable in pigtails. Ryan Seacrest nails his look as orphan Punky Brewster. The only question here is, who wore it better?
Halsey as Poison Ivy
G-Eazy is somewhere crying over old photos of himself and ex-girlfriend Halsey because she looks smokin’. Just covering up what she needed to legally, Halsey killed it in her Poison Ivy getup. If you got it, flaunt it and well…she got it.
Check out even more excellent, non-offensive costumes below:
Kylie Jenner and daughter Stormi
Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.