- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative 3 Years Ago
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
Watch this 13-year-old Chinese boy absolutely shred AC/DC’s ‘Thunderstruck’
Eat your heart out, Angus Young.
For those who want to rock, there’s not really a better aphrodisiac than AC/DC’s “Thunderstruck.” That opening guitar riff, the background chanting, and the slow buildup to singer Brian Johnson’s gravely nasal voice makes it the perfect blood-pumper. Or the perfect ringwalk for a champion.
But as this 13-year-old dude from China can attest, you don’t need pyro or a monstrous kick drum or 15,000 fans in an arena chanting “Thunder!” to make this a powerful anthem. Hell, when Liu Jiazhuo plays it, you don’t even need an electric guitar.
The acoustic will work just fine, thanks very much.
Behold! 13-year-old Chinese boy with mind blowing guitar skills attracts huge attention online pic.twitter.com/3QVmReUoiO— People's Daily,China (@PDChina) March 20, 2017
The fact Liu can play the Angus Young guitar lick and the Chris Slade drum beat at the same time—along with some improvised percussion there near the end—is an impressive display of musicality. Liu was actually covering a Luca Stricagnoli cover of AC/DC’s 1990 classic, and here’s a more complete version on YouTube.
If you look at Liu’s YouTube page, you’ll find him covering the works of overly talented acoustic guitarists. But based on the AC/DC covers from above, we can say this unequivocally: He is one hell of a shredder, and he’ll rock you hard as you’re driving the highway to hell.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.