- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
10 things to do while Tumblr is down
In case of Tumblmergency, break the glass on this post.
Those damned Tumblbeasts are at it again! Tumblr’s down once more, freeing up hours of time you’d rather spend browsing GIFs and expressing your feels.
But don’t despair! The Daily Dot has compiled a list of ways hardcore users can spend their time while Tumblr is down. Think of this article as a glass box to break in case of Tumblrgency:
1) Join the crowd! Complain about it on Twitter.
2) Feeling GIF withdrawal? Catch up on the Daily Dot’s Morning GIF archive.
4) Start watching a new web series. To get you started, here are 35 up-and-coming web shows.
6) Try visiting the one website that might be even more of a timesuck than Tumblr: TV Tropes. Before you know it, 18 hours will have passed and you’ll have forgotten all about Tumblr.
7) Plan your Tumbloween costume.
8) Try to explain the Lorax Once-ler fandom to your parents. We can’t guarantee hours of fun, but we can guarantee it’ll take hours!
9) Participate in a Tumblr meme that requires stepping away from the computer for a bit. We recommend, “Shit, I’m late!”
10) Brush up on your Tumblr slang. We know that feel when Tumblr is down, but we’re sure it’ll be up for us to start shipping and posting GPOYs in no time.
Photo by The Oatmeal
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.