- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
10 things to do while Tumblr is down
In case of Tumblmergency, break the glass on this post.
Those damned Tumblbeasts are at it again! Tumblr’s down once more, freeing up hours of time you’d rather spend browsing GIFs and expressing your feels.
But don’t despair! The Daily Dot has compiled a list of ways hardcore users can spend their time while Tumblr is down. Think of this article as a glass box to break in case of Tumblrgency:
1) Join the crowd! Complain about it on Twitter.
2) Feeling GIF withdrawal? Catch up on the Daily Dot’s Morning GIF archive.
4) Start watching a new web series. To get you started, here are 35 up-and-coming web shows.
6) Try visiting the one website that might be even more of a timesuck than Tumblr: TV Tropes. Before you know it, 18 hours will have passed and you’ll have forgotten all about Tumblr.
7) Plan your Tumbloween costume.
8) Try to explain the Lorax Once-ler fandom to your parents. We can’t guarantee hours of fun, but we can guarantee it’ll take hours!
9) Participate in a Tumblr meme that requires stepping away from the computer for a bit. We recommend, “Shit, I’m late!”
10) Brush up on your Tumblr slang. We know that feel when Tumblr is down, but we’re sure it’ll be up for us to start shipping and posting GPOYs in no time.
Photo by The Oatmeal
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.