- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
10 places to watch the hurricane online
Watch this record-breaking hurricane from the comfort of your computer chair.
Whether or not Hurricane Sandy is blowing through your neck of the woods, it will still affect your life. Experts are already calling it “one for the record books,” a piece of history in the making.
The already enormous cyclone strengthened Monday, giving the Category 1 storm potential to be one of the worst of our time. If you’re interested in watching Sandy storm up the coast while breaking records, try looking online.
Here’s a list of various formal news and webcam views you can follow—at least for now. A previously available webcam, Jersey Shore’s Cape May, was taken down by the storm early Monday morning.
This Earthcam focuses on one of our most iconic landmarks. While it will be difficult to access the damage solely from this viewpoint, it gives viewers an idea of the conditions.
7) Live webcam of Virginia Beach boardwalk
10) Sandy has reached Atlantic City
Photo via Statue of Liberty webcam
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.