- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Today 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Today 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Today 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Today 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Today 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
In case you haven’t heard, Warner Bros. is releasing Smallfoot in theaters on Thursday. The 3-D computer-animated film is about a Yeti who discovers a human (aka a “smallfoot”) and is forced to prove the creature exists after he’s banished from his village.
Why is Zendaya the most important part of the cast? Because it was she who inspired internet sensation Gabriel Gundacker to create the song “Zendaya is Meechee”, basically everyone’s favorite thing on Twitter right now.
zendaya is meechee pic.twitter.com/zE6rXniAnQ— Gabriel Gundacker (@gabegundacker) September 23, 2018
Gundacker’s amazing voice and perfect timing make the song the equal to anything you might hear in an animated film, which is probably why his video has been viewed almost 5 million times since it was first posted on September 22.
He’s so goddamn enthusiastic that you can’t help but love it.
This keeps me alive. #zendayaismeechee— Logan Marshall-Green (@TheRealElemgy) September 23, 2018
I’ve watched this 13 times now and have been reduced to tears with every single listen.— Anthony Troli (@AnthonyTroli) September 23, 2018
Masterpiece.— Shayne Topp (@supershayne) September 24, 2018
Nobody knows how truly necessary this is until you’ve walked past the same movie posters everyday on the way home.— H▵NN▵H (@Hannah_Kat_Lee) September 23, 2018
It even inspired a ukulele cover version by a man who says it “changed my life”.
Zendaya herself even turned out to be a fan. The day after the video was posted she retweeted it, adding that Gundacker “Sang my name right and everything.”
We’re sure the film itself will be full of fun for the whole family, but can it possibly compare to the grandeur that is “Zandaya is Meechee”? Those are some big feet to follow.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.