- Who is Cletus Kasady, Woody Harrelson’s character in ‘Venom 2’? Today 7:00 AM
- What is biometric data? Today 6:30 AM
- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
YouTube Guide: Overly Attached Valentine
Laina, the famous Overly Attached Girlfriend, wants you to be her valentine. Or else.
With more than 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) wzr0713, “Will You Be My Valentine?”
Roses are red, violets are blue, Overly Attached Girlfriend is looking for a Valentine, so careful what you do. If you say no, she knows you bleed and bruise, so for your sake and ours, it’s her you must choose.
2) Node, “Harlem Shake vFinal (NODE Edition)”
What starts off as your average “Harlem Shake” video at NODE Studios turns into a PSA against the Harlem Shake. Freddie Wong has had enough of the weeks-old meme and stops it in its tracks before utter pandemonium breaks out.
3) Pleated Jeans, “How Single Cats Are Spending Valentine’s Day”
Not every cat has found its mate, and so they’re spending Valentine’s Day similarly to how the rest of us are spending it: drunk dialing, depressive eating, hiding, and generally not giving a shit, but more importantly, it’s really a “me” day.
4) schmoyoho, “Obama Goes Ham”
We may still be fixated on Marco Rubio and his dry mouth, but there was also a speech with last night’s State of the Union. Instead of the auto-tune treatment, the Gregory Brothers turned President Obama’s speech into a rap with input with an orange senator (played by YouTube rapper George Watsky) and the rest of Congress.
5) Stuart Edge, “Spider-Man Kissing Prank”
Many people at Utah State University love the infamous upside down kiss scene from the first Spider-Man movie, but once they’re presented with the masked superhero, some students go for it while others are more hesitant just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Photo via wzr0713/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.