- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time Thursday 1:46 PM
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency Thursday 1:46 PM
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now Thursday 1:30 PM
- What is the meme of the decade? Thursday 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Thursday 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Thursday 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Thursday 11:24 AM
YouTube Guide: Overly Attached Valentine
Laina, the famous Overly Attached Girlfriend, wants you to be her valentine. Or else.
With more than 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) wzr0713, “Will You Be My Valentine?”
Roses are red, violets are blue, Overly Attached Girlfriend is looking for a Valentine, so careful what you do. If you say no, she knows you bleed and bruise, so for your sake and ours, it’s her you must choose.
2) Node, “Harlem Shake vFinal (NODE Edition)”
What starts off as your average “Harlem Shake” video at NODE Studios turns into a PSA against the Harlem Shake. Freddie Wong has had enough of the weeks-old meme and stops it in its tracks before utter pandemonium breaks out.
3) Pleated Jeans, “How Single Cats Are Spending Valentine’s Day”
Not every cat has found its mate, and so they’re spending Valentine’s Day similarly to how the rest of us are spending it: drunk dialing, depressive eating, hiding, and generally not giving a shit, but more importantly, it’s really a “me” day.
4) schmoyoho, “Obama Goes Ham”
We may still be fixated on Marco Rubio and his dry mouth, but there was also a speech with last night’s State of the Union. Instead of the auto-tune treatment, the Gregory Brothers turned President Obama’s speech into a rap with input with an orange senator (played by YouTube rapper George Watsky) and the rest of Congress.
5) Stuart Edge, “Spider-Man Kissing Prank”
Many people at Utah State University love the infamous upside down kiss scene from the first Spider-Man movie, but once they’re presented with the masked superhero, some students go for it while others are more hesitant just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Photo via wzr0713/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.