- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
- Krassensteins return to Twitter and are immediately suspended Monday 1:01 PM
Yodeling is something of a dying art. You aren’t going to hear a lot of yodeling on the latest Bruno Mars or Ed Sheeran albums. But it’s still a beloved and respected art form in many parts of the country.
And perhaps this young tyke from Illinois is going to bring it back to the mainstream. His recent impromptu Walmart performance certainly has people taking notice.
Me: which aisle can i find light bulbs?— David (@dumbassvegan) March 27, 2018
Walmart employee: pic.twitter.com/bwiWQAsz6O
The talented singer is 11-year-old Mason Ramsey, and clearly, this isn’t his first performance. This video shows him singing and playing guitar at Kentucky radio station WVVR.
It’s not even the first time Ramsey has been captured singing in Walmart. Here’s a video where he’s being bribed to perform with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Here’s a free tip, kid: Don’t trust these adults. You can start asking for money now, and get all the Reese’s your heart desires.
The viral Walmart clip, posted by Twitter user @dumbassvegan (no word on whether he’s actually one or both of those things), has now been viewed over 16 million times. People are loving it.
taylor swift: boring, old, has been, strained vocals— george (@_gapc) March 31, 2018
walmart yodel kid: smart, revolutionary, DaAdDDddDy, skinny, king of yodeling, young
When he yodeled 🎵DaaAaaAAAAAAADDy🎵.... i felt that one pic.twitter.com/iHTYKi5A3J— __________ (@shadesofbussy) March 29, 2018
honestly idk what yeehaw this music is but HE DID THAT pic.twitter.com/MbsZjduviV— ｡･ﾟﾟ･chanelle･ﾟﾟ･ (@carbdreams) March 29, 2018
Me: I hate country— Aïcha (@aiesthetic) April 1, 2018
Walmart yodel boy: sweet daaaAaaAaady such a beautiful dream
But the fun doesn’t stop there. Now people are starting to make remixes… or at least attempts at them.
Dreamer X Walmart Kid pic.twitter.com/J7GuKAGerY— leon (@slaymerexha) March 31, 2018
People are even making their own versions of the video, complete with “bored lady by shopping cart.”
but wait there’s more pic.twitter.com/0bfyubWZVP— fuck my life right (@isliteraltrash) April 1, 2018
wtf is happening in Walmart pic.twitter.com/GLXVUGlQri— maddy (@maddy_jullieta) April 1, 2018
No word on how Walmart feels about all this, but they’re going to need to step in if shoppers have to start dodging yodelers in order to buy groceries and laundry detergent.
Hank would be proud.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.