- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
It’s only day two of the U.S. Open, and things are already heating up.
The woman, who has yet to be publicly identified, was attending a match between Spanish player Feliciano López and American player Taylor Fritz on Monday. During a break, López decided to take some time to change out his sweaty shirt. The woman, who was sitting a few rows behind López, took that opportunity to take out her phone and snap some pics of a shirtless López.
Of course, her reaction was caught on camera, and the moment went viral after a tennis fan account shared the video on Twitter.
“Blonde woman, top left. She is all of us,” the tweet read.
Blonde woman, top left. She is all of us 😂 pic.twitter.com/3EG7DHl32d— 💨No Match Windy, No? (@nomatchwindyno) August 26, 2019
But her actions have divided Twitter. Some laughed along with the blonde woman.
“Get that boomerang, sis,” one person wrote.
Get that boomerang, sis— MANU 🇲🇽 (@LuisMaHerliaz) August 27, 2019
While others found her actions to be uncomfortable, claiming the positive response she is receiving is a double standard. Many men are saying that if the roles had been reversed–a man taking photos of a shirtless female tennis player–people would have deemed it creepy.
“All hell would have broke loose if it was the other way round,” Twitter user @HenriAshwell09 wrote.
@EdSimpson200215 all hell would have broke loose if it was the other way round— Henri (@HenriAshwell09) August 27, 2019
Now let’s switch genders...— Mogliking (@mogli1999) August 27, 2019
Others brought up the fact that men actually do this to women, and oftentimes their motives are far more sinister.
“Men rape women more than women rape men, men sexually assault women more often than women sexually assault men. Men kill women more than women kill men. The woman is taking it to laugh with her friends. The man to fantasise whilst wanking & no doubt think about raping her,” dating expert Nadia Essex wrote on Twitter.
Men rape women more than women rape men, men sexually assault women more often than women sexually assault men. Men kill women more than women kill men. The woman is taking it to laugh with her friends. The man to fantasise whilst wanking & no doubt think about raping her— Nadia Essex (@LadyNadiaEssex) August 27, 2019
Twitter user @PsychOutWXNA noted out that the roles could not possibly be reversed in this scenario because female tennis players are not allowed to change their shirts on courts like men are.
“There’s a double standard here that doesn’t allow women to swap out shirts like the men,” they wrote.
I can’t imagine. There’s a double standard here that doesn’t allow women to swap out shirts like the men. Add in societal power dynamics and your whole imaginative scenario just disappears.— Mike Mannix (@PsychOutWXNA) August 27, 2019
No word on if López has been made aware of the video, but as he did win the match over Fritz, he’s probably too busy preparing for round two of the Open.
Either way, the most shocking thing about this situation is that it’s been over 24 hours and Twitter has yet to find this woman.
Twitter, get it together.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.