- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
A British woman who once said on TV that she’d had sex with 20 ghosts has some exciting news: She’s now engaged to a spirit.
Amethyst Realm, a 30-year-old spiritual counselor, told the Sun this week that the ghost (who’s nameless) proposed to her during a vacation to England’s Wookey Hole Caves.
She said they’d been dating for nine months and, speaking about the proposal, offered this gem of a quote: “There was no going down on one knee—he doesn’t have knees. But for the first time, I heard him speak. I could actually hear his voice and it was beautiful. Deep, sexy and real.”
Last year, Realm told U.K. show ITV This Morning that she’d cheated on her human fiancé with a ghost and went on to have at least 20 more spirit lovers. But, as she explained, she met her poltergeist husband-to-be while she was traveling for work in Australia.
“I’d not had a phantom fling for a while and as I was away on business, starting a new relationship was the last thing on my mind,” Realm said. “Then one day, while I was walking through the bush, enjoying nature, I suddenly felt this incredible energy. A new lover had arrived.”
Of course, people on Twitter were ready to congratulate her—and make lots of ghost puns.
Boo’d up https://t.co/EnmxAFQZm4
— Jayde Pierce (@JaydePierce) October 30, 2018
A glimmer of hope in these dark times https://t.co/FQegtWyNaz
— Katya (@katya_zamo) October 31, 2018
I guess she ghosted the other 20 https://t.co/tgB0WfTjjb
— Sarah Beattie (@nachosarah) October 30, 2018
I see so many women complain about getting ghosted but this lady turned it into a blessing. Look at God work!!! https://t.co/4CNv0n5Lax
— Yassir Lester (@Yassir_Lester) October 30, 2018
surely there's a happy medium? https://t.co/rMvIfIcxYB
— Ye Ern(n) Malley (@GeoffShadbold) October 31, 2018
What. A. Horror! https://t.co/6gINiBjPml
— Kristin (@sodangfancy21) October 31, 2018
Realm insists she’s much happier now (and having better sex) than she’d been with her living ex-fiancé. She told the Sun that her Pagan wedding ceremony will take place in the English countryside with the support of her friends and family.
“We haven’t discussed the details yet but I think it will be quite a big do,” she said.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.