- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
A British woman who once said on TV that she’d had sex with 20 ghosts has some exciting news: She’s now engaged to a spirit.
Amethyst Realm, a 30-year-old spiritual counselor, told the Sun this week that the ghost (who’s nameless) proposed to her during a vacation to England’s Wookey Hole Caves.
She said they’d been dating for nine months and, speaking about the proposal, offered this gem of a quote: “There was no going down on one knee—he doesn’t have knees. But for the first time, I heard him speak. I could actually hear his voice and it was beautiful. Deep, sexy and real.”
Last year, Realm told U.K. show ITV This Morning that she’d cheated on her human fiancé with a ghost and went on to have at least 20 more spirit lovers. But, as she explained, she met her poltergeist husband-to-be while she was traveling for work in Australia.
“I’d not had a phantom fling for a while and as I was away on business, starting a new relationship was the last thing on my mind,” Realm said. “Then one day, while I was walking through the bush, enjoying nature, I suddenly felt this incredible energy. A new lover had arrived.”
Of course, people on Twitter were ready to congratulate her—and make lots of ghost puns.
Boo’d up https://t.co/EnmxAFQZm4
— Jayde Pierce (@JaydePierce) October 30, 2018
A glimmer of hope in these dark times https://t.co/FQegtWyNaz
— Katya (@katya_zamo) October 31, 2018
I guess she ghosted the other 20 https://t.co/tgB0WfTjjb
— Sarah Beattie (@nachosarah) October 30, 2018
I see so many women complain about getting ghosted but this lady turned it into a blessing. Look at God work!!! https://t.co/4CNv0n5Lax
— Yassir Lester (@Yassir_Lester) October 30, 2018
surely there's a happy medium? https://t.co/rMvIfIcxYB
— Ye Ern(n) Malley (@GeoffShadbold) October 31, 2018
What. A. Horror! https://t.co/6gINiBjPml
— Kristin (@sodangfancy21) October 31, 2018
Realm insists she’s much happier now (and having better sex) than she’d been with her living ex-fiancé. She told the Sun that her Pagan wedding ceremony will take place in the English countryside with the support of her friends and family.
“We haven’t discussed the details yet but I think it will be quite a big do,” she said.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.