- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Today 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Today 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Today 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Today 11:06 AM
- Russian models are Instagramming life in Wuhan Today 11:00 AM
- Hillary Duff suggests ‘Lizzie McGuire’ revival was halted over adult storylines Today 10:37 AM
- Arrest warrant issued for 8chan founder Today 10:22 AM
- This YouTube time traveler says he’s a cyborg from 2050—and he wants you to buy merch Today 10:11 AM
- Women on Twitter are slaying the ‘Bad b*tch for a week’ challenge Today 9:30 AM
- Reddit’s CEO issues a dire warning about TikTok Today 9:03 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ episode 6 recap: ‘The Impossible Box’ Today 8:00 AM
- Faculty from over 100 schools join call for facial recognition ban Today 7:48 AM
- Ava DuVernay is making a sci-fi series for Amazon Today 6:50 AM
- Review: ‘Altered Carbon’ returns with an overcomplicated second season Today 6:00 AM
- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
Much to the delight of the internet, hundreds of people dressed as witches to attend a Halloween-themed paddleboarding event in Portland, Oregon, on Saturday. Bewitching photos and footage from the event went viral across social media.
According to the Oregonian, the second annual Stand-up Paddleboard Witch Paddle event invited people to dress up as a witch (or warlock) to participate in the fun. The paddlers traveled for six miles over the course of three hours in Portland’s Willamette Park.
Reddit user lulplumman posted a photo of the witch paddleboarding event, racking up more than 89,000 upvotes by the time of writing. People responded to the post with some hilarious comments.
People on Twitter also loved the photo.
horror movie male supporting character: DONT WORRY witches cant fly across bodies of water, it’s like how demons cant cross salt circles or vampires needing to be invited in— WITCHY MITTENS ☆みっつ☆ (@TTRlovesMittens) October 29, 2018
*witches begin paddleboarding*
supporting character: ooooOOHHH SHIIIIIIIIITTTT
*bone crunching noises* pic.twitter.com/j1UmgIC69F
https://t.co/IiTYtmIZAB i love this pic with every fiber of my being— shoe (@_hsoe) October 29, 2018
- These meme costumes won Halloween
- People are loving Paris Hilton dressed as a ‘sexy Furby’
- This guy dresses up as the ‘scariest’ conservatives for Halloween every year
H/T the Oregonian
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.