- Meme video of Trump shooting politicians sparks outrage 7 Months Ago
- Virtual Reality: Sex, marriage, and the future of relationships Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My boyfriend is addicted to porn. Should I leave him? Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
A massive scandal involving an admissions and testing scheme was blown wide open Tuesday, implicating a number of big names. Among these is actress Felicity Huffman, who reportedly took part in the multimillion-dollar scam in hopes of landing her eldest daughter in an ivy league school.
So why hasn’t her husband—Shameless actor William H. Macy—been named in the indictment? A “spouse” who people suspect to be Macy has shown up on several court documents, but so far it appears he is in the clear. Yet after the news broke, it wasn’t long before people started making the connection between the criminal behavior and… well, pretty much every William H. Macy character ever.
Then came the memes.
A lot of people couldn’t help but compare the situation to the plot of Fargo, in which a Minnesotan car salesman—played by Macy—gets himself in hot water over money problems. Very hot water. Murder hot.
TFW when the cops are asking hard questions about how your kid got into USC. pic.twitter.com/MEJUOcRnEV— Dan O'Sullivan (@Bro_Pair) March 12, 2019
From the comments: "Authorities just released a photo of the two guys William H. Macy met with to start this process:" pic.twitter.com/LLkRqYbZfl— David Thomas (@DaveThomas5150) March 12, 2019
I'm not sure if I'm enjoying this Fargo remake. https://t.co/SLIikq08rm— Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet) March 12, 2019
William H. Macy on the phone with the admissions office right now pic.twitter.com/GsYsjvv3C2— Sady Doyle (@sadydoyle) March 12, 2019
Other people drew connections between the unfolding criminal saga and other characters played by Macy like the ever-criminally minded Frank Gallagher from Shameless.
I KNEW HE WASN'T RIGHT WHEN HE STARRED IN THAT MOVIE WHERE HIS WIFE STAPLED HIS BALLS TO A MOTHER FUCKIN OAK TREE— CryptoMaceWindu (@CryptoMaceWindu) March 13, 2019
"William H. Macy's alleged ties to a college admissions imbroglio got the meme treatment" https://t.co/LXyucPkHwf
I’m sorry but I’m imagining William H Macy and Felicity Huffman having a lot of tight lipped conversations about this on the phone and just laughing to myself— nuanced opinion guy (@charles_kinbote) March 12, 2019
I can't believe William H. Macy became accidentally embroiled in a ridiculous federal crime and it's not in a Coen brothers movie— Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) March 12, 2019
Ironic that on the show Shameless, the William H. Macy character's son, Lip, made money for the family by taking the SAT for wealthy idiots from The_Donald
Keep the memes coming, people.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.