- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial 6 Months Ago
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code 6 Months Ago
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Today 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Today 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Today 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Today 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Today 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Today 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
Oh, a question as old as time. It has confounded men for centuries and will likely confound them for centuries to come: Where is the dang clitoris? Despite having roughly 8,000 nerve endings, the tiny sex organ remains a mystery for some men. (For example? Let’s say … Mitch McConnell almost definitely doesn’t know how to find one.)
In fact, most textbooks just illustrated the external glans — the bump that sticks out — until 1998, when Australian urologist Helen O’Connell conducted a series of MRI studies finding that the clitoris is a “complex, powerful organ system” with 18 parts. What’s more, two-thirds of the clitoris is actually interior.
At any rate, men can protest all they want. However, when called upon to identify the clitoris on a map of the vagina, the results were, shall we say, mixed.
Earlier this week, sexual wellness and relationship guru @Oloni, aka “CLAP BAQ QUEEN,” posed the following challenge on Twitter. (This is not to be confused with the other vagina challenge that went viral this week.)
“No seriously men. Where on the vulva is the clit?” she wrote, adding: “Women no helping or I will block you.”
The accompanying diagram showed four parts of the vagina labeled A, B, C, and D. Others (such as the outer labia and anus) had no label. In full disclosure, clitoris is B, obviously.
But was it obvious? For some dudes, not so much.
I think its not labeled pic.twitter.com/jRzTlWu4xK— Okuraseni Gida (@one_gida) July 17, 2019
Thanks for my new challenge.— CLAP BAQ QUEEN (@Oloni) July 17, 2019
A.— Da'cuty (@dacuty33) July 17, 2019
Omg— CLAP BAQ QUEEN (@Oloni) July 17, 2019
I’m not even surprised at how many have got it wrong— _ (@BabyRayy__) July 17, 2019
Thankfully — for the sake of cis, straight womankind — other dudes correctly identified the clitoris:
My white king 👑 pic.twitter.com/OTukNSrqNC— M♀️ (@simply_marwa) July 17, 2019
Fellas if you don't know that B is a woman's clit it explains why so many of my "friends" have boyfriends but are hanging at my place.— The Cocky One (@CockyMF) July 17, 2019
I mean B would be the closest answer.... but that's more the clitoral hood https://t.co/MXFPLOr6mz— Lord Katnip (@senecaallen) July 17, 2019
For the ladies out there whose dudes fall into the former category, well, the good news is plenty of products know a woman’s body better than a lot of men, apparently. We sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.