- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional 4 Months Ago
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels 4 Months Ago
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Today 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Today 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Today 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Today 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
Oh, a question as old as time. It has confounded men for centuries and will likely confound them for centuries to come: Where is the dang clitoris? Despite having roughly 8,000 nerve endings, the tiny sex organ remains a mystery for some men. (For example? Let’s say … Mitch McConnell almost definitely doesn’t know how to find one.)
In fact, most textbooks just illustrated the external glans — the bump that sticks out — until 1998, when Australian urologist Helen O’Connell conducted a series of MRI studies finding that the clitoris is a “complex, powerful organ system” with 18 parts. What’s more, two-thirds of the clitoris is actually interior.
At any rate, men can protest all they want. However, when called upon to identify the clitoris on a map of the vagina, the results were, shall we say, mixed.
Earlier this week, sexual wellness and relationship guru @Oloni, aka “CLAP BAQ QUEEN,” posed the following challenge on Twitter. (This is not to be confused with the other vagina challenge that went viral this week.)
“No seriously men. Where on the vulva is the clit?” she wrote, adding: “Women no helping or I will block you.”
The accompanying diagram showed four parts of the vagina labeled A, B, C, and D. Others (such as the outer labia and anus) had no label. In full disclosure, clitoris is B, obviously.
But was it obvious? For some dudes, not so much.
I think its not labeled pic.twitter.com/jRzTlWu4xK— Omari G 🇬🇭 (@one_gida) July 17, 2019
Thanks for my new challenge.— CLAP BAQ QUEEN (@Oloni) July 17, 2019
A.— Da'cuty (@dacuty33) July 17, 2019
Omg— CLAP BAQ QUEEN (@Oloni) July 17, 2019
I’m not even surprised at how many have got it wrong— Sweet Cheeks🦋 (@BabyRayy__) July 17, 2019
Thankfully — for the sake of cis, straight womankind — other dudes correctly identified the clitoris:
My white king 👑 pic.twitter.com/OTukNSrqNC— M♀️ (@simply_marwa) July 17, 2019
Fellas if you don't know that B is a woman's clit it explains why so many of my "friends" have boyfriends but are hanging at my place.— The Cocky One (@CockyMF) July 17, 2019
I mean B would be the closest answer.... but that's more the clitoral hood https://t.co/MXFPLOr6mz— Lord Katnip (@senecaallen) July 17, 2019
For the ladies out there whose dudes fall into the former category, well, the good news is plenty of products know a woman’s body better than a lot of men, apparently. We sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.