Sign up to receive the best of the internet straight to your inbox.
A maskless Karen got kicked off a flight and claimed to be a victim of racism on her way out. She’s white. Here’s what else caught our attention this weekend:
- Claudia Conway Says She’s ‘Officially Pushing for Emancipation’
- Conspiracy Theorists Think Biden’s DNC Speech Was Pre-recorded Because of ‘Disappearing’ Pin
- Lohanthony Seemingly Denounces Homosexuality in a Video About Finding Jesus
Kellyanne Conway announced in a statement on Sunday night that she will be leaving the White House at the end of August, and George Conway similarly revealed he will be stepping away from the Lincoln Project. The announcements came shortly after their daughter, Claudia Conway, said she was “officially pushing for emancipation” on Twitter.
The 15-year-old said she was “devastated” upon finding out her mom was slated to speak at the upcoming Republican National Convention (RNC). “My mother’s job ruined my life to begin with. heartbreaking that she continues to go down that path after years of watching her children suffer. selfish. it’s all about money and fame, ladies and gentlemen,” she tweeted on Saturday.
Conway has been embroiled in a very public feud with both of her parents after it was discovered in June that she was a Trump-hating leftist on TikTok, where she has amassed more than 600,000 followers. She has bashed her mother for serving in the Trump administration and her father for being too conservative. “As for my dad, politically, we agree on absolutely nothing. We just both happen to have common sense when it comes to our current president. Stop ‘stanning’ him,” Conway also tweeted on Saturday of her father, who co-founded the Lincoln Project.
Read the full report here, and catch up on more weekend news you may have missed below.
—Eilish O’Sullivan, new wire editor
Without Judy Blume, many of us would have fumbled our way through our teenage years. Now she can teach you how to find your own voice as a writer.
Conservative pundit John Cardillo launched a conspiracy theory on Saturday alleging that former Vice President Joe Biden secretly pre-recorded his speech at the Democratic National Convention (DNC). But, as is usually the case, the conspiracy is entirely false. Journalists who witnessed the speech began debunking it by tweeting out pictures they took as the former vice president spoke.
Read the full story here.
—Mikael Thalen, contributing writer
- Lovecraft Country blends horror, classic science fiction, and an intimate family drama for a gripping spin on the many, many monsters hidden below-the-surface and in broad daylight of Jim Crow America. Here’s everything you need to know about it, including how to stream.
- Learn the art of chess from the man who became a world champion at the age of 22.*
In the video, Lohanthony, whose real name is Anthony Quintal, says he was “decade-long search for gay love that would ultimately end with disappointment … a void, which was later filled by Jesus Christ.” Many saw Lohanthony as a gay icon who helped some fans come to terms with their own sexualities growing up. People are now begging critics to refrain from sending Lohanthony hate and to show him empathy instead.
Read the full story here.
—Moises Mendez, contributing writer
- Male Karen verbally abuses IHOP waitress all because she asked his son to wear a mask 🥞
- Leafy banned from YouTube after targeting Pokimane ❌
- Trump claims Dems removed ‘God’ from Pledge of Allegiance at DNC. But that’s not really true 🇺🇸
- Video shows cop shooting dog in its own fenced-in yard 😢
- ‘Karen’ accuses Black man of robbing his own car
Now playing: Dua Saleh — “Bankrupt”