- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Today 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Today 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Today 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Today 12:08 PM
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says Today 11:52 AM
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views Today 11:37 AM
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend Today 11:10 AM
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
Anybody who lived through the ’90s will recall that decade’s slew of Mentos TV commercials, soundtracked by a jingle that remains firmly stuck in our heads. Each focused on a person having a pretty bad day who manages to magically turn everything around after being struck by the inspiration that inevitably follows when you pop a Mentos candy into your mouth.
But none of us ever really knew what happened after the person has their brilliant idea and flashes their pearly whites for the camera. Does the girl with the ripped dress marry her date? Does the lady with the broken heel make a killing with her new shoe line? So much left unresolved!
Hank Comedy attempts to answer one of these burning questions with a hilarious “uncut” version of the Mentos ad that starred a businessman who got white paint on his suit and figured out how to convert it into what he thought were fancy pinstripes. Newsflash: it ain’t pretty.
Screengrab via Hank Comedy/YouTube
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.