- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Wednesday 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Wednesday 1:16 PM
- 6-year-old placed in psychiatric facility for ‘trantrum’ is seen acting calm in body cam footage Wednesday 1:05 PM
- Amy Klobuchar devouring Ivanka Trump is the 2020 vore crossover no one wanted Wednesday 12:32 PM
- Review: Hulu’s ‘Devs’ is a brilliant work of near-future science fiction Wednesday 11:53 AM
- Rapper Pop Smoke dead at 20 Wednesday 11:42 AM
- KSI says he will back Team YouTube if Logan Paul fights Antonio Brown Wednesday 11:29 AM
Ladies, we’ve been there: You’re enduring a conversation with a guy at a party and a comment sets you off. Twitter has been currently obsessed with trying to figure out exactly what happened last night at a watch party for Dan Crenshaw (R-TX), and what the guy in the red tie in the clip below said to the woman on his left, which made her and another woman scramble away from him.
Twitter user @gina_lolz sent out the call: “please find this girl I have to know what the guy said to her.”
TWITTER please find this girl I have to know what that guy said to her pic.twitter.com/CopENdncqx— Gina (@gina_lolz) November 7, 2018
People tried to figure out what might have been said, and the thread devolved into some juvenile jokes about pickup lines.
"Hi there, my favorite Star Trek movie is Insurrection."— Daniel Lee (@dannyboylee) November 7, 2018
I like to think that's her dad and he said a terribly embarrassing dad joke in front of her friend.— Fire Hakstol (@Flyerasooner) November 7, 2018
The dad connection is it, however: In a longer clip from Houston’s KHOU 11, the man can be seen in the background at around the 1:11 mark, standing behind the reporter’s right shoulder. He’s standing with the two women in the initial clip and a young boy.
After hours of speculation and sex jokes, the woman in white, Ellie Delgado, came forward and confirmed that it is indeed her dad and he was “talking about a woman he wants to date.” She also tweeted out the video and said, “It’s just my dad… chill.”
lol hi it’s just my dad talking about a woman he wants to date— Ellie Delgado (@ellieedelgadoo) November 7, 2018
It’s just my dad... chill https://t.co/7l21HjvofH— Ellie Delgado (@ellieedelgadoo) November 7, 2018
Crenshaw, a veteran and former Navy SEAL, won the race for Texas’s 2nd congressional district, bouncing back after being the target of a Pete Davidson joke on SNL last weekend. In his victory speech he said he wasn’t really offended, but “we also like it when comedians are actually funny. You know? Let’s get back to that, right? Let’s get back to being funny.”
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.