- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age 8 Months Ago
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post 8 Months Ago
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Today 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Today 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Today 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Today 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Today 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Today 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
Viral moment at Dan Crenshaw party actually just awkward dad moment
‘It’s just my dad… chill.’
Ladies, we’ve been there: You’re enduring a conversation with a guy at a party and a comment sets you off. Twitter has been currently obsessed with trying to figure out exactly what happened last night at a watch party for Dan Crenshaw (R-TX), and what the guy in the red tie in the clip below said to the woman on his left, which made her and another woman scramble away from him.
Twitter user @gina_lolz sent out the call: “please find this girl I have to know what the guy said to her.”
TWITTER please find this girl I have to know what that guy said to her pic.twitter.com/CopENdncqx— Gina (@gina_lolz) November 7, 2018
People tried to figure out what might have been said, and the thread devolved into some juvenile jokes about pickup lines.
"Hi there, my favorite Star Trek movie is Insurrection."— Daniel Lee (@dannyboylee) November 7, 2018
I like to think that's her dad and he said a terribly embarrassing dad joke in front of her friend.— Fire Hakstol (@Flyerasooner) November 7, 2018
The dad connection is it, however: In a longer clip from Houston’s KHOU 11, the man can be seen in the background at around the 1:11 mark, standing behind the reporter’s right shoulder. He’s standing with the two women in the initial clip and a young boy.
After hours of speculation and sex jokes, the woman in white, Ellie Delgado, came forward and confirmed that it is indeed her dad and he was “talking about a woman he wants to date.” She also tweeted out the video and said, “It’s just my dad… chill.”
lol hi it’s just my dad talking about a woman he wants to date— Ellie Delgado (@ellieedelgadoo) November 7, 2018
It’s just my dad... chill https://t.co/7l21HjvofH— Ellie Delgado (@ellieedelgadoo) November 7, 2018
Crenshaw, a veteran and former Navy SEAL, won the race for Texas’s 2nd congressional district, bouncing back after being the target of a Pete Davidson joke on SNL last weekend. In his victory speech he said he wasn’t really offended, but “we also like it when comedians are actually funny. You know? Let’s get back to that, right? Let’s get back to being funny.”
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.