- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
The best of #Buttflix, our favorite Netflix-themed hashtag about butts
Who says Twitter can’t be a vehicle for social activism?
These people are full of poop. If you want proof that Twitter is actually elevating the level of intelligent conversation in this country, look no further than #Buttflix, a hashtag that started trending this afternoon.
Originating from a segment on the Comedy Central late-night show @midnight, #Buttflix takes Netflix titles and turns them into erudite, sophisticated commentary on the SCOTUS ruling to strike down caps on individual campaign contributions. Just kidding! It turns them into jokes about butts.
In the interest of contributing to the Daily Dot’s reputation as a bastion of 21st-century intellectualism, we have compiled a showcase of some of the best #Buttflix tweets from this afternoon. I would also like to take this opportunity to publicly thank my mother and father for funding my college tuition so I could one day grow up to write about The Motorcycle Diarrheas.
— Josh Lonero (@Jrok23) April 3, 2014
— Chris Hardwick (@nerdist) April 3, 2014
— Austin (@Austin_H2O) April 3, 2014
Close Encounters of the Turd Kind. #buttflix.
— Charlton Pope (@chopo2) April 3, 2014
— J.DeL (@nthensome) April 3, 2014
— Ryan Lindsay (@THEryanlindsay) April 3, 2014
#buttflix Bridget Jones Diarrhea
— graham bretman (@GBretman) April 3, 2014
— Frank Maloney (@frankxmaloney) April 3, 2014
And, of course:
— Ross Blankenship (@blankentweets) April 3, 2014
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.