- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote Tuesday 5:38 PM
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Tuesday 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Tuesday 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Tuesday 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Tuesday 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Tuesday 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Tuesday 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Tuesday 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Tuesday 12:12 PM
- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor Tuesday 11:10 AM
Did Trump have a stroke yesterday?
But it was the last 30 seconds of his speech—and the signature he penned afterward—that caused the biggest drama online.
Numerous ideas were floated in the wake of Trump’s face going red and saying the “United Shayyzts,” but the two most predominant accusations were Trump was either wearing dentures that slipped out or had a stroke.
People made some jokes about the dentures.
Giving an important speech on the Middle East? You don't want to lose the audience – or your bottom teeth! Next time, use SUPER POLIGRIP® DENTURE ADHESIVES! Just 'cause you've lost your mind doesn't mean you have to lose your dentures! pic.twitter.com/9hio5WXEj1
— Mrs. Betty Bowers (@BettyBowers) December 6, 2017
While that is funny, the president possibly losing control of his faculties while in office is a much more terrifying prospect than his teeth slipping out. There’s no proof of anything like that happening except for what we saw. But some think they’ve found incontrovertible evidence in the form of Trump’s signature he made on the Jerusalem proclamation.
The signing came immediately after Trump’s slurred speech, and how it looks is telling—in a Loose Change, 9/11 truther way.
Trump’s speech suddenly slurs during major Jerusalem statement, and an examination of his signature shows a noticeable decline as well. 1) Signature today. 2) Previous exec order. I have video as well via the link.
— John Aravosis (@aravosis) December 7, 2017
I would LOVE for a doctor to give us some insight on Donald Trump’s insane, increasingly sloppy signature. pic.twitter.com/viv809E3Lk
— Katie (@KatieMPet) December 7, 2017
Interesting to compare Trump's signature during the slurring incident to his normal signature. He also appeared to struggle with the pen at first. pic.twitter.com/IqLC0RH4Rl
— Kristin Ruby (@kristinhruby) December 7, 2017
Here’s a side-by-side from America Blog, a blog that is (presumably) about America.
At her briefing today, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked about Trump’s speech and said it was merely a case of dry mouth. She was not asked about the signatures because the press are complicit sheeple.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]