- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Today 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Today 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
On Tuesday night, President Donald Trump held a campaign-style rally in Phoenix, Arizona, that was quintessentially Trump: inspiring to his base, enraging to his opponents, inscrutable to many, and memeable for all.
At one point, Trump took pains to single out the leftist organization many on the right believe to be as bad, if not worse, than neo-Nazi demonstrators: “antifa.”
Or, as Trump calls it, ANNTEEEFAHH!!
“They’ve got clubs and they’ve got everything,” he said of the far-left anti-fascist group accused of instigating violence against white supremacists and other members of the “alt-right.” “ANTEEFAH.”
Most everyone on Twitter thought it sounded just like the Champs infamous “Tequila Song.”
hey can someone put this in that 'tequila' song or DO I HAVE TO THINK OF EVERYTHING AROUND HERE https://t.co/Ak9jbbAUEl— josh androsky (@ShutUpAndrosky) August 23, 2017
Thus, a meme was born.
— Challenger (@bakedinapie) August 23, 2017
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]