- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ 2 Years Ago
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered 2 Years Ago
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense 2 Years Ago
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme 2 Years Ago
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ 2 Years Ago
- Taylor Swift’s distress call reignites fight with Scooter Braun and former label 2 Years Ago
- How to disable autoplay for previews and trailers on Disney+ Today 12:10 PM
- Trump accused of witness intimidation for tweets during impeachment hearing Today 11:48 AM
- Roger Stone convicted Today 11:34 AM
- FCC to replace comment system that got spammed during net neutrality fight Today 11:31 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama live in Concacaf Nations League Today 11:05 AM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada live in the Concacaf Nations League rematch Today 10:52 AM
- Dave Rubin freaks out over hoax that he didn’t eat this steak Today 10:37 AM
- 20 ugly sweaters that’ll make your spirits bright Today 10:32 AM
- A beginner’s guide to Mandalorians in the ‘Star Wars’ universe Today 10:02 AM
On Tuesday night, President Donald Trump held a campaign-style rally in Phoenix, Arizona, that was quintessentially Trump: inspiring to his base, enraging to his opponents, inscrutable to many, and memeable for all.
At one point, Trump took pains to single out the leftist organization many on the right believe to be as bad, if not worse, than neo-Nazi demonstrators: “antifa.”
Or, as Trump calls it, ANNTEEEFAHH!!
“They’ve got clubs and they’ve got everything,” he said of the far-left anti-fascist group accused of instigating violence against white supremacists and other members of the “alt-right.” “ANTEEFAH.”
Most everyone on Twitter thought it sounded just like the Champs infamous “Tequila Song.”
hey can someone put this in that 'tequila' song or DO I HAVE TO THINK OF EVERYTHING AROUND HERE https://t.co/Ak9jbbAUEl— josh androsky (@ShutUpAndrosky) August 23, 2017
Thus, a meme was born.
— Challenger (@bakedinapie) August 23, 2017
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]