- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans 7 Months Ago
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix 7 Months Ago
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
Have you ever fantasized about sitting next to your favorite celebrity on a plane? That exact thing happened to a woman named Alankrutha, who shared her story of sitting next to Call Me By Your Name actor Timothée Chalamet on a three-hour flight in a viral thread on Twitter.
Y’all nbd just sat next to @RealChalamet on a 3 hour flight and we CHATTED FOR AN HOUR NBD I AM SUPER CALM RIGHT NOW AS EVERYONE CAN TELL— Alankrutha (@alankruthahaha) February 5, 2019
It all started when she noticed a “tall, lanky dude” in front of her on the plane.
SO I enter the flight and see a tall, lanky dude in front of me wearing a hoodie and both of us are the only ones w/o overhead space to keep our bags and I look up to see an actual angel and alarm bells in my head go off immediately pic.twitter.com/xVXEwcrdGk— Alankrutha (@alankruthahaha) February 5, 2019
After playing it cool for a while, she worked up the courage to nudge him and say, “Hey, you look exactly like Timothée Chalamet,” to which he replied, “I get that a lot.”
flight takes off and head is exploding bc I *had* to know who this dude so 30 mins into the flight, I work up the courage and nudge him and ask “hey you look exactly like timothee Chalamet” to which he smiles and says “I GET THAT A LOT” pic.twitter.com/SaEpjOqOBE— Alankrutha (@alankruthahaha) February 5, 2019
Another hour passed before she finally let him know that she knew he was Chalamet. The actor fessed up to his identity at this point. “He laughed and said ‘ayy yes it is, hi I am Timothée,” she tweeted.
HE LAUGHED AND SAID “AYYY YES IT IS, HI I AM TIMOTHEE” and shook my hands and at this point I was basically shook/ stunned and I couldn’t process anything pic.twitter.com/nYXovxWM4s— Alankrutha (@alankruthahaha) February 5, 2019
From there, they talked the rest of the flight about The Office, his role in Lady Bird, his upcoming films, his Wikipedia page, and her past Google search of his height. To her surprise, Chalamet was just as interested in Alankrutha’s life as she was with his.
“What shocks me the most is this dude wanted to know about me,” she wrote. “He asked me what I do, what project management is about (literally who cares Timothée), where I grew up and PRONOUNCED MY NAME RIGHT.”
What shocks me the most is this dude wanted to know about me. He asked me what I do, what project management is about (literally who cares timothee), where I grew up and PRONOUNCED MY NAME RIGHT pic.twitter.com/Z57pj2T2SS— Alankrutha (@alankruthahaha) February 5, 2019
The whole tale feels a little bit too good to be true, but she made sure to get pics to prove it did happen.
Idk how one can be this terrible at taking selfies but look out world here I come. Anyway idc just look at his face, this experience has been beautiful and he’s a very nice person (and we might be friends but idkkkkk) pic.twitter.com/yhdEF08pUz— Alankrutha (@alankruthahaha) February 5, 2019
The moral of the story? “If you work hard enough and never leave your house, you might stumble upon Timothée Chalamet on a flight and proceed to ask him who the most famous celeb on his phone is,” Alankrutha said.
MORAL OF THE STORY- if you work hard enough and never leave your house, you might stumble upon @RealChalamet on a flight and proceed to ask him who the most famous celeb on his phone is. *THE END*— Alankrutha (@alankruthahaha) February 5, 2019
Now all of your flights without celebrities will seem even more disappointing.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.