- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
“Tim, I can cheat too” is blowing up on Twitter and Facebook.
This story contains sexually explicit material and may be NSFW.
There are many ways one can terminate a relationship with a suitor in the digital age. One can send an email or text-based transmission proclaiming one’s dissatisfaction with the relationship. One can change one’s social media status to “Single,” without warning or advance notice. Or, alternatively, one can post an extremely NSFW selfie with a note that reads, “Tim, I can cheat too.”
The selfie blew up on social media. But the true story isn’t quite as dramatic as it looks.
Currently circulating on Twitter, the selfie features a young woman covered in what appears to be semen, accompanied by the message to Tim, supposedly a boyfriend. Here is a censored, SFW shot of the photo:
Photo via callmemonz/Twitter
Although no one knew anything about the backstory behind the image, or anything about the relationship between Tim and his lady friend, the image nonetheless spread like wildfire on Facebook and Twitter. Some people were confused by it:
Others were disturbed:
Facebook just discovered the “Tim, I Can Cheat Too” photo. DO NOT GOOGLE IF YOU’RE AT WORK & IF YOU DO IT IS ON YOU NOT ME
— Wise Math (@wisemath) December 1, 2014
That “Tim I can cheat too” pic going around twitter makes me want to delete twitter
— Tommy Hustle (@tommy_hustle) December 1, 2014
Others, mildly amused:
The image was also shared on Reddit on r/WTF, where it was eventually banned for violating one of the rules about “inciting a public outcry.”
Unfortunately, while I love a good “boy meets girl, boy breaks girl’s heart, girl takes revenge by tweeting a photo of her semen-covered face” narrative just as much as the next blogger, the backstory is pretty boring.
The photo was lifted from the very, very NSFW Tumblr of someone who goes by the name thishornygirl1, aka Josie, who describes herself as “just your average 19 year old horny girl with no gag reflex that likes to expose herself and give blowjobs.” The “Tim I can cheat too” meme is a Photoshopped version of an image she posted on her Tumblr (again, NSFW).
So! Sorry, guys—the photo’s a hoax. But at least dudes named Tim can sleep easy tonight.
H/T Ryan Broderick | Photo via Tumblr
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.