- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Thursday 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Thursday 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Thursday 10:04 AM
The internet is always ready to die over a good celebrity lookalike, but when someone pops up who looks like the actual lovechild of two characters from the same show? Chills.
TikTok user @1m4p13ce0fsh1t, whose real name Ali, is basically a face meld of Victoria Justice and Avan Jogia, who both starred in the popular Nickelodeon show Victorious at the start of the decade–and whose characters were often shipped together. When Ali called attention to these unnerving similarities in one of her videos, it didn’t take long for everyone to collectively freak out.
Ali’s video starts out with popular audio that another TikTok user created in 2019 to mock movies.
“It all started when my mom met my dad and they fell in love and they had me,” the voiceover can be heard saying, while a photo of Justice and then Jogia appear on the screen–a popular TikTok meme format.
“Hi, I’m Ryan, and my life is kinda crazy,” the voiceover says as Ali appears on the screen.
GIRL WTF pic.twitter.com/oL6pDfxN61— arie (@allabtarie) November 21, 2019
After a Twitter user posted the TikTok on the platform, fans of the show expressed how shook they were.
“Nah somebody gotta get Victoria and avan on the phone, cause something ain’t adding up,” one Twitter user joked.
9 year old me would be so jealous that they look like the cast and not me lmaooo— 𝕮𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖊 (@cherryBabeeee) November 22, 2019
Nah somebody gotta get Victoria and avan on the phone, cause something ain’t adding up.— Juliet 🥀 (@adriftinwords) November 22, 2019
My eyes when i saw her pic.twitter.com/xQRLjqWhFy— Marnie (@Ahmarnie1) November 22, 2019
They wouldn’t tell the difference between her and the real one.— 🐝🐝🐝 (@thatsbrutal_) November 22, 2019
How the hell did- pic.twitter.com/G3EF97TFKx— his SILLY RABBIT (@the5pmScorpion) November 22, 2019
i wanna see what her actual parents look like cause holy shit— 𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 ☾ (@sayokenma) November 22, 2019
Digging into her TikTok account, fans were quick to discover that this not-Victoria Justice teen actually has a whole series of videos capitalizing on how similar she looks to the former Nickelodeon star. These often involve reenactments of scenes from Victorious, utilizing audio from the actual series and roping in other TikTokkers to play additional roles.
she got a whole victorious series on tik tok😭😂 pic.twitter.com/IEAnS3Dd21— sab ouldzenagui (@SabrinaOuldz) November 22, 2019
And to add an extra layer of wtf-ery, one of the girls who sometimes jumps in on the videos looks way too much like Ariana Grande, who played Cat in the original series.
Is the next evolution of TikTok just people who look like celebrities reenacting old shows? There are worse things that could happen to a popular social media platform!
It’s hard to say what celebrity lookalikes or creepy combos are lurking on TikTok waiting to reveal themselves and their uncanny resemblances to the world, but we’re certain this fake mini-cast of Victorious isn’t alone…
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.