- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
Over the weekend, someone on Twitter discovered that if you throw a pair of Vans, they will land right side up every single time. They posted the video on Twitter saying, “Did you know it doesn’t matter how you throw your vans they will land facing up?”
Did you know it doesn’t matter how you throw your vans they will land facing up pic.twitter.com/nKVJCncW4H— lana m!sses tøp (@Ibelievthehype) March 2, 2019
The video quickly went viral and has been made into a challenge. People have been posting their own videos throwing their Vans for the Throw Your Vans Challenge. In most of the videos, people are surprised to see it work.
this vans landing right side up shit scary true lmao thought it i caught it lacking until the end pic.twitter.com/P115SMarhR— roman /// (@rxmsta) March 4, 2019
Of course, there had to be someone who ruined the fun. One person’s Vans didn’t land right side up. “I AM THE MYTH BUSTER,” they wrote in the caption of the video.
While many people are absolutely shook that Vans land that perfectly every time, someone pointed out that it isn’t actually that impressive, it’s just how the shoes are designed.
“Everyone shocked that Vans always land right-side-up are seemingly forgetting that they are skate shoes, which are specifically designed with a particular weight imbalance to help you land as often as possible,” they pointed out. “Like dude … that’s how shoes work.”
Everyone shocked that Vans always land right-side-up are seemingly forgetting that they are skate shoes, which are specifically designed with a particular weight imbalance to help you land as often as possible.— Sarah McGonagall (@sarahmcgbeauty) March 4, 2019
Like dude....... that’s how shoes work. pic.twitter.com/JfJiSgZDcq
Whether it’s magic or just how the shoes were made to work, it’s pretty fun to watch. I’m now going go throw all my Vans around my house.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.