- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Yes, actual bologna, as in the lunch meat, not metaphorical bologna. (Although it could be argued that there was plenty of that thrown around, too.) In case you’re getting caught up, this season’s Bachelorette, 24-year-old former beauty queen Hannah Brown, is winding down to her final group of suitors.
And unfortunately for those remaining contestants, this season’s “villain” Luke Parker, a self-proclaimed “good Christian boy” from Gainesville, Georgia, is still in the fold. Like most Bachelorette villains, Parker is disliked by the other cast mates, as evidenced by the scene that went down earlier in last night’s episode.
“I mean you guys are in my way, just being completely real,” Parker told the remaining dudes, which got a laugh out of 26-year-old general contractor Tyler Cameron. When asked what he found so funny, Cameron basically committed straight-up murder.
“The worst thing about this, is that we have a villain, and usually the villain is some big, tall—we’ve got a five foot eight villain,” Cameron quipped.
The dig did not go unnoticed by fans.
But it was later in the episode during a three-man group date that the processed meat really hit the fan.
After Hannah absconded for some one-on-one time with another suitor, Parker was left alone with 27-year-old golf pro Garrett Powell, who knew exactly how to get under his skin. After some back-and-forth accusations of tattling on one another to Hannah during their own one-on-one time, Powell eventually admitted to laying down some truth bombs.
“You disgust me,” Parker sneered. “You make me want to gag.”
“I am never, and I am not ever going to reach for anything, I’ve been nothing but truthful with Hannah,” Parker fired back, when Powell accused him of “reaching for branches” to stay afloat in the competition.
“And you are not going to mess it up, OK? I don’t care what you said to her, but I am tired of it. You know what this is, right here? This is a pile of bologna, look at that,” he said, unceremoniously plopping a pile of bologna onto Powell’s lap. “That’s what you’ve been saying to me.”
Suffice to say, fans are loving this all-time GOAT Bachelorette moment:
“Do you know what this is? It’s a PILE OF BOLOGNA”— KFC (@KFCBarstool) July 2, 2019
All time Bachelorette moment pic.twitter.com/oqTKbObwi2
Cameron, who is still in the competition heading into next week’s hometown dates, also got a dig in:
How I picture luke spelling bologna:— Tyler Cameron (@TylerJCameron3) July 2, 2019
Unfortunately, fans were not amused when Garrett ended up getting the boot because Hannah stupidly decided to go with “her heart” by keeping Luke P.
Hannah goes with her heart and chooses Luke.— Diggy Moreland (@diggymoreland) July 2, 2019
CAN WE GET HANNAH TO THE TOP OF THE TRANSPLANT LIST ASAP?!#thebachelorette
On the plus side, we all know that there is actually zero chance of Parker actually winning Hannah’s heart, so in the meantime, it seems as if Powell just scored some prime, rent-free real estate in the dude’s head.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.