- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
El Paisano is a beloved taqueria located in East Dallas. Customers praise the place for its fiery green salsa and fresh chips. The quality of the cuisine and the fast service is also apparently enough to go to war over.
Local affiliate Fox4 reports that a chips-and-salsa-related scuffle erupted at the taqueria last Saturday. Video footage from happy customer Isael Rojas has since gone viral, with over 2 million people tuning in to watch Mexican-food enthusiasts trash their favorite restaurant.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/isael.rojas.7/videos/1108647845861678/ video embed.]
Perhaps the most horrifying aspect of this footage, aside from the human carnage and broken chairs, is the true cost of picking a fight at a taco shop. As the brawl progresses, nachos face perilous consequences from rowdy people shoving tables out of the way with little regard for the winning combination of queso and chips.
The 5-and-a-half minute video doesn’t end in the taqueria but rather spills out into the front of El Paisano. Insults are lobbed, men are temporarily restrained to no avail. All that’s missing is the plaintive bellows of “WORLDSTAAAAAR” echoing to the heavens.
“Damn, they fucked this place up!” a witness marvels off-camera as a firetruck pulls into the parking lot. There’s not much to attend to, save for the ravaged tortilla chips and dollops of queso dotting the floor.
Just when you think every nacho tray out there has met its maker, the video ends with an obscured shot of a table in the righthand corner of El Paisano.
Sitting atop its untouched surface? Nachos, the true champion of this fight.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.