- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free 2 Years Ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
Teletubbies cover of Missy Elliott’s “Get Ur Freak On” is almost as bizarre as the original.
Anyone who had young children in the 90s knows the joy/horror that is the Teletubbies. They were a group of adorable weirdos who were equal parts fascinating and freaky.
So who better than to do a cover of Missy Elliott’s ‘Get Ur Freak On?’
Now cartoon/children show remixes of popular songs are nothing new to YouTube (check out the Adele/Pokémon mashup for a perfect example) and while they’re always fun to watch, it takes a real winner to stand out. You know this video is going to be one such winner the second Tinky Winky looks into the camera and says “Hit me.”
The mouth movement is so spot on you’d swear Tinky Winky just asked you to hit him. The rest of video is just as wonderful and ends with the ‘Tubbies watching Missy Elliott’s original video which, upon rewatching, you will realize is way weirder than any remake could ever hope to be.
At least in the Teletubbies version they aren’t spitting in each other’s mouths.
The video was put together by Las Vegas based video editor Robert Jones, who already gifted us with a Teletubbies version of Die Antwoord’s “I Fink U Freeky”
In the end that’s what Missy, Die Antwoord, The Teletubbies, and even Jones all have in common: They are all wonderful, weird, unapologetic freaks.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.