- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Teen gets roasted for thinking his girlfriend’s thermometer was a positive pregnancy test
Emil ./Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
An 18-year-old from California had the scare of his life when he mistakenly took his girlfriend’s thermometer for a positive pregnancy test, BuzzFeed News reports. His girlfriend shared the ordeal on Twitter, letting the whole world witness his panic.
“I had a fever last night and my boyfriend thought the thermometer was a pregnancy test,” Vanessa Marie tweeted along with a screenshot of their text conversation. First, she sent her boyfriend a photo of the thermometer, which was at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and a text that said, “Holy fuck.”
Her boyfriend, Izaak Torres, replied with a series of text messages: “How.” Wtf.” “Your on birth control.” “Baby.”
In his defense, Vanessa Marie did send Torres the thermometer photo at 4am, and it seemed to be the first thing he awoke to at 7am. He later told BuzzFeed News that he “felt like a dumb ass” when he realized his mistake after fully waking up. Nevertheless, some on Twitter commented that the mix-up was proof he wasn’t ready for a child.
“Comes down to… he’s not ready for a child babygirl,” one user wrote.
comes down to… he's not ready for a child babygirl 😅
— ❁ (@_wurever) February 6, 2019
If I was with a dude that couldn’t tell the difference between a thermometer and a pregnancy test…I’d be eating birth control like M&Ms.
— Kanjo (@Coffee_Mutt) February 6, 2019
Many also took notice of the fact that he used the wrong form of “your.”
“So y’all just going to ignore the fact that he use ‘your’ instead of ‘you’re,’” one Twitter user wrote.
So y’all just going to ignore the fact that he use “your” instead of “you’re “.. pic.twitter.com/BE8cOGBtcp
— J.Pacheco (@jayy_pacheco) February 6, 2019
“The dude thought a thermometer was a pregnancy test, the last thing I would expect from him is the proper use of that word,” another said.
The dude thought a thermometer was a pregnancy test, the last thing I would expect from him is the proper use of that word.
— Chad Harper (@_chadharper) February 6, 2019
Get you a man who knows the difference between your and you're.
— karanbir singh (@karanbirtinna) February 7, 2019
It also seems that Torres isn’t the only boyfriend out there mixing up health gadgets.
“LOL same,” wrote user @MichelleyIsLove. She included a photo of her thermometer 102.2 degrees Fahrenheit and a text that read “i am die.” Her boyfriend responded, “Michelle i thought pregnancy test.” “Heart stopped.”
LOL same pic.twitter.com/ZO2yCMbytR
— Michelle (@MichelleyIsLove) February 6, 2019
In response to Vanessa Marie, any speculated what the degrees would signify if the thermometer was in fact a pregnancy test: 100 babies, 100 percent not pregnant, or 100 percent pregnant with 100 babies? It seems Torres saw the 100 and thought it meant 100 percent pregnant.
“I honestly don’t care what anyone says,” Torres told BuzzFeed News. “Me and my girl have a great relationship and we are strong and we posted this for people to find it funny but not blow it out of proportion.”
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.