- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
Every celebrity has fans; it’s just the way of life. Unfortunately, that truism also extends to notorious serial killers.
While that may not be news to some, others are learning about it the hard way–and in very 2019 fashion. Charles Manson and Ted Bundy stans are apparently fighting over which serial killer is better on Twitter. Yes, seriously.
It’s unclear how much of this embittered battle is serious and how much is just internet trolls being internet trolls, but it’s certainly making for some absolutely bizarre tweets.
“Charles Manson walked so that Ted Bundy could run bitch sit down,” one tweet read, in favor of Manson. Manson was the head of the so-called “Manson Family,” a cult that murdered nine people–including pregnant actress Sharon Tate–at his behest in 1969.
“Anyways Charles Manson is a flop and Ted Bundy is a whole man,” another tweet read, in favor of Bundy. Bundy was a serial killer, responsible for the murder of at least 30 women throughout the ’70s–and possibly earlier.
Charles manson walked so that ted bundy could run bitch sit down pic.twitter.com/2NcqyXlMxx— keey (@TheBlackpinkWak) August 13, 2019
anyways charles manson is a flop and ted bundy is a whole man 🥰🥰 pic.twitter.com/42WUECJ1Jx— ♡ ted bundy stan ♡ (@bundy_stan) August 14, 2019
WHY IS THERE BEEF BETWEEN TED BUNDY AND CHARLES MANSON STANS???? HELP!!!! pic.twitter.com/AJO7rG2Q7H— sarah (@artdisease) August 13, 2019
in another episode of what goes on in this bird app- ted bundy stans?? have a selca day?? pic.twitter.com/e47JzB1WY4— . (@joonsrkivee) August 15, 2019
At least a handful of the accounts engaging in the Manson vs. Bundy war have been suspended, and fortunately, the majority of people coming across the remaining tweets are utterly baffled by the way these folks are choosing to spend their lives.
“When did the true crime community move to twitter. go back to Tumblr creeps we don’t wanna hear how much you wanna fuck Ted Bundy and Charles Manson on this bird app,” one perturbed onlooker wrote.
ur crush is having sex with someone while you’re beefing with ted bundy and charles manson stan accounts on twitter— chan (@sunnytheon) August 14, 2019
ted bundy stans are fighting w charles manson stans using courtroom fancams im 🤢— ⎊ sᴛᴇᴘʜ ➐ (@fuckn_marvel) August 14, 2019
pls someone tell me those ted bundy & charles manson stans are fake PLEASE pic.twitter.com/irvo8Qe6iS— e (@ulvaeusfaltskog) August 13, 2019
if the ted bundy and charles manson stans keep it up i'm gonna have to start stanning the judges that put them in jail— annabelle (@chasngfireflies) August 13, 2019
Both Manson and Bundy have gotten the Hollywood treatment as of late, with the Manson Family murders being featured in the film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and Bundy being portrayed by heartthrob Zac Efron in Netflix’s Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. It’s unclear whether the films played any role in igniting the argument–but they’ve certainly kept the two alive in the mainstream consciousness.
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.