- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
Some celebrities had a boring feud about a song and whether it’s chill or not. This really heated up when Kim Kardashian released video footage of one Taylor Swift saying the song was chill. Swift claims it still isn’t—and that the filming was illegal. That’s not what interests the general public, who love to stoke a solid celebrity roast and watch the world burn upon it.
In the eyes of the internet, Swift got owned by Kardashian. A mural was painted on Tuesday to commemorate the reality star’s victory and mourn the loss of the pop singer. Street artist Lushsux slapped Swift’s signature (well, almost) and likeness on a wall in Melbourne, Australia.
The recent passing of @taylorswift is heart wrenching. Come and leave some flowers and light some candles at her memorial in Hosier lane in honour of her memory. If you do please DM photos of you doing it. #taylorswift #kimexposedtaylorparty #kimkardashian photo: @deansunshine
A photo posted by lushsux (@lushsux) on
Because T-Swift really does have no chill, her legal team reportedly threatened Lushsux for the “Taylor Smith” mural. Luckily, someone had Lushsux’s back when it came time to appease the justice system gods.
And that person just loves memes.
The mural was defaced on Wednesday for dark horse PM candidate and slain silverback gorilla Harambe. It combines the hot 2016 meme SpongeGar with an endangered animal mercilessly killed at the Cincinnati Zoo. And, goddamn it, it gets Harambe’s birth year wrong.
Are you sure you’re a real fan, graffiti meme artist? Name three Harambe conspiracy theories. And not just the one where he’s still alive at the age of 17. I’ll wait.
H/T Select All
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.