- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur 3 Years Ago
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot 3 Years Ago
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata 3 Years Ago
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress 3 Years Ago
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
This is why we can’t have nice things.
Some celebrities had a boring feud about a song and whether it’s chill or not. This really heated up when Kim Kardashian released video footage of one Taylor Swift saying the song was chill. Swift claims it still isn’t—and that the filming was illegal. That’s not what interests the general public, who love to stoke a solid celebrity roast and watch the world burn upon it.
In the eyes of the internet, Swift got owned by Kardashian. A mural was painted on Tuesday to commemorate the reality star’s victory and mourn the loss of the pop singer. Street artist Lushsux slapped Swift’s signature (well, almost) and likeness on a wall in Melbourne, Australia.
The recent passing of @taylorswift is heart wrenching. Come and leave some flowers and light some candles at her memorial in Hosier lane in honour of her memory. If you do please DM photos of you doing it. #taylorswift #kimexposedtaylorparty #kimkardashian photo: @deansunshine
A photo posted by lushsux (@lushsux) on
Because T-Swift really does have no chill, her legal team reportedly threatened Lushsux for the “Taylor Smith” mural. Luckily, someone had Lushsux’s back when it came time to appease the justice system gods.
And that person just loves memes.
The mural was defaced on Wednesday for dark horse PM candidate and slain silverback gorilla Harambe. It combines the hot 2016 meme SpongeGar with an endangered animal mercilessly killed at the Cincinnati Zoo. And, goddamn it, it gets Harambe’s birth year wrong.
Are you sure you’re a real fan, graffiti meme artist? Name three Harambe conspiracy theories. And not just the one where he’s still alive at the age of 17. I’ll wait.
H/T Select All
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.