- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots 1 Year Ago
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations 1 Year Ago
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Today 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Today 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Today 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Today 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
Did this dad really photograph an attractive teacher instead of his kid’s graduation?
The diploma is real, but is the woman handing it out?
A picture of a student receiving a diploma has been popping up all over the internet, but people are questioning its authenticity. The photo shows only half of the young boy, the joke being that the photographer, supposedly the father, chose to concentrate instead on the surprisingly proportioned teacher handing out the certificate.
The picture is showing up everywhere from Reddit to Twitter, often in Spanish, but also in Russian and English. Many of the Twitter accounts showing the photo also seem to be pornographic in nature so be careful if you want to click through to see what else they are posting.
—Gordo, tómale una foto al niño recibiendo su diploma.
— El Renacido (@iRenecido) December 15, 2017
El mejor amigo de mi hija se graduo de quinto y no podía dejar de tomarle una buena foto. 😍 pic.twitter.com/08fFeIUm4J
— ODIO LA NAVIDAD (@MicoMalparido) December 15, 2017
Muy orgulloso debe estar de su hijo pic.twitter.com/LfIis2oWAY
— Super Mandilon 2.0 (@EsposoMandilon) December 16, 2017
Although many posters claim the boy in the picture to be their own son or nephew, the photo’s actual origins are unknown. Also many feel the image has been photoshopped, and they point especially to the back forearm, which seems to be oddly floating in space, unattached to the woman’s body.
And also her wrist in the foreground, which is about an inch in diameter.
We may never know the source of the mysterious photo, or why someone chose to photoshop it, but it’s pretty clear some kid graduated from something at some point, and that kid deserves some credit. Way to go little guy, sorry everyone seems to have forgotten about you.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.