- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Did this dad really photograph an attractive teacher instead of his kid’s graduation?
The diploma is real, but is the woman handing it out?
A picture of a student receiving a diploma has been popping up all over the internet, but people are questioning its authenticity. The photo shows only half of the young boy, the joke being that the photographer, supposedly the father, chose to concentrate instead on the surprisingly proportioned teacher handing out the certificate.
The picture is showing up everywhere from Reddit to Twitter, often in Spanish, but also in Russian and English. Many of the Twitter accounts showing the photo also seem to be pornographic in nature so be careful if you want to click through to see what else they are posting.
—Gordo, tómale una foto al niño recibiendo su diploma.— El Renacido (@iRenecido) December 15, 2017
El mejor amigo de mi hija se graduo de quinto y no podía dejar de tomarle una buena foto. 😍 pic.twitter.com/08fFeIUm4J— ODIO LA NAVIDAD (@MicoMalparido) December 15, 2017
Muy orgulloso debe estar de su hijo pic.twitter.com/LfIis2oWAY— Super Mandilon 2.0 (@EsposoMandilon) December 16, 2017
Although many posters claim the boy in the picture to be their own son or nephew, the photo’s actual origins are unknown. Also many feel the image has been photoshopped, and they point especially to the back forearm, which seems to be oddly floating in space, unattached to the woman’s body.
And also her wrist in the foreground, which is about an inch in diameter.
We may never know the source of the mysterious photo, or why someone chose to photoshop it, but it’s pretty clear some kid graduated from something at some point, and that kid deserves some credit. Way to go little guy, sorry everyone seems to have forgotten about you.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.