- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out 2 Years Ago
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Today 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
This streaker, with a monkey face penis pouch, deserves the Olympic gold medal
He was spreading a message of peace and love.
At this year’s 2018 Winter Olympics, anything is possible. Openly gay competitors can take the gold, Olympians can dress like superheroes, and us regular folks can reclaim the event to boast about our selfies. Even world famous streakers have a shot at making history this year.
Mark Roberts, a British man known for streaking around the world, crashed the men’s 1,000-meter speed skating event in PyeongChang with a message of “peace + love” on his chest—and a very tasteful monkey-shaped penis pouch—on Friday.
Unfortunately for Roberts, he entered the ice equipped with only a sense of humor. It took only a few moments before he lost his balance and fell on his face in front of thousands of people. Lucky for us, there’s Instagram footage to prove it.
Obviously, Twitter went wild about the performance.
I see trees of green, red roses too— Bobby George (@rag_lake73) February 24, 2018
I see monkey pouches for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world https://t.co/eTIdw7re1p
Sometimes in the midst of the terrible things that are happening daily in this world we need someone to remind us about the importance of peace, love and monkey face dick pouches... https://t.co/LlakAdwd4q— Bocky Moll (@Becklestein) February 24, 2018
Not all heroes wear capes.— [gobsmacked] (@nwchap) February 24, 2018
Some wear tutus. https://t.co/nP3o5iBdMG
God give me the confidence of this man https://t.co/8PKxUoMBsK— Andrea González-Ramírez (@andreagonram) February 23, 2018
Have you ever seen a fat guy in a tutu try to streak the Olympics with his wiener tucked firmly in a monkey penis holder?— Stone Cold (@stonecold2050) February 23, 2018
That's how it went down at the Men's 1,000m Speed Skating event in Pyeongchang early Friday morning, and it was glorious. pic.twitter.com/BNeciVfkps
The Olympics, Where you can watch the best of the best. Compete in there world class sport. Going head-to-head for their country. Oh and also where you can want a 40 year old dude streak across the ice. https://t.co/lpKK2P3bCu #Olympics #Olympics2018— Kody Cassell (@KodyCassell) February 24, 2018
I just read a head line that said "world famous streaker crashed the Olympics" I kept scrolling at first but then it hit me, did that just say WORLD FAMOUS STREAKER? ...yes it did.— Savannah Cromwell (@schristine93) February 24, 2018
So that professional streaker spotted at the #Olympics is none other than Mark Roberts from the UK. He has streaked in 22 countries at 562 events including Super Bowls.— they call me Troy 🎅 (@Troy_beer30) February 24, 2018
My new hero 😂 pic.twitter.com/c2au8OoqjZ
In case you were wondering, this isn’t Roberts first streak—it’s not even his second or third. It looks like he’s streaked at about 562 sporting events, according to Yahoo Sports. One of his more notable streaks was in 2004 when he streaked during Super Bowl XXXVIII in Houston.
But in front of the entire world, his attempt Friday might have been the most ballsy yet. The monkey pouch would probably agree.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.