- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
Bannon spent much of the talk downplaying the influence of Cambridge Analytica—which he helped create and takes credit for naming—in the 2016 election after days of scrutiny over the firm’s use of personal data has sent Facebook into an apologetic frenzy.
But Twitter zeroed in on a particular Bannon soundbite reported by the Daily Beast’s Max Tani. Bannon says he has a new political outlook with three main points, according to Tani.
Bannon says the three pillars of his new ideology are nationalism, cryptocurrencies, and digital sovereignty.— Max Tani (@maxwelltani) March 22, 2018
Bannon, a former exec for right-wing news site Breitbart, is apparently focusing on “nationalism, cryptocurrencies, and digital sovereignty.”
Twitter couldn’t help but mock the perceived banality of Bannon’s bragging on his “new ideology.”
Former strategist to the POTUS or weed-fueled late-night dorm-room bull session? https://t.co/qiXA0C9Aj9— Michael Watson (@MichaelWatsonDC) March 22, 2018
Some people offered Bannon alternatives for his newly adopted “three pillars.”
Silly me. I thought the three pillars would be gin, skin problems, and layered shirts. https://t.co/DpLSJKE8hc— Monkey, LLC (@VitruvianMonkey) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my ideology are racism, sexism, and funny pink hats https://t.co/DW7DGsLD1y— R.George (@BltwayPundit) March 22, 2018
*extremely steve bannon voice*— b-boy bouiebaisse (@jbouie) March 22, 2018
you see the future belongs to a great new movement defined by three things:
But many co-opted the “three pillars” idea for their own lifestyles. The proclaimed ideologies ranged from straightforward…
the three pillars of my new ideaology are— darth™ (@darth) March 22, 2018
1) hug all the dogs
2) eat all the french fries
3) did i mention dogs
The three pillars of my ideology are elephants, dogs, and Stevie Nicks https://t.co/TKhCDTvcaL— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) March 22, 2018
THE THREE PILLARS OF MY NEW IDEOLOGY ARE FREEDOM, OREOS AND CLUB SODA SUBSIDIES #threepillars— Brad Bauman (@bradbaumn) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are bees, beagles, and dairy free options.— Liz Charboneau (@lizchar) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my ideology are Courage, Wisdom, and Power.— Alex Griswold (@HashtagGriswold) March 22, 2018
My philosophy has three pillars: snacks, science fiction, and retrowave aesthetics— one computey boi (@WrithingCortex) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are promoting Twitter addiction, eating too much Ben and Jerry’s, and Keynesian Gym Rat Theory— Asa Zaretsky (@asazaret) March 22, 2018
to completely obscure.
the three pillars of my new ideology are serbian nationalism, weeaboos, and tor— chris hooks (@cd_hooks) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are 1.) delete ur account 2) dogecoin 3) delete ur account— Ben White (@morningmoneyben) March 22, 2018
pls guys totally wingin' it. god dam amnateur hour.— Mr. Discourse (@TheMrDiscourse) March 22, 2018
ok then, here. are the three pillars of my new ideology:
1. respect the kritarchy
2. all taxes go . to me
2. pay ur taxes on time to me.
any questions banjon? didnt think so. b
The three pillars of Definitive Anime Review are as follows:— Go! Princess Aria (@buildknuckle) March 22, 2018
- Cream soda
- A marble pillar.
the three pillars of my new ideology are:— sexy existential nihilism (@stanthemanchan) March 22, 2018
strong nuclear force
weak nuclear force
One person even went for a five-pillar approach.
The five pillars of my new ideology:— Dan Lavoie (@djlavoie) March 22, 2018
Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan and Dylan.
I SPIT HOT FIRE!!! https://t.co/pyPRNQBWTf
Bannon—who became a central figure in the investigation into Russian collusion and incited Trump’s wrath with comments highlighted in Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury—seems to invite controversy wherever he goes. We’ll see where his three pillars take him next.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.