- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Today 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Today 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Today 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Today 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
Steve Bannon’s ‘three pillar’ ideology is already a scintillating meme
‘*Extremely Steve Bannon voice*’
Bannon spent much of the talk downplaying the influence of Cambridge Analytica—which he helped create and takes credit for naming—in the 2016 election after days of scrutiny over the firm’s use of personal data has sent Facebook into an apologetic frenzy.
But Twitter zeroed in on a particular Bannon soundbite reported by the Daily Beast’s Max Tani. Bannon says he has a new political outlook with three main points, according to Tani.
Bannon says the three pillars of his new ideology are nationalism, cryptocurrencies, and digital sovereignty.
— Max Tani (@maxwelltani) March 22, 2018
Bannon, a former exec for right-wing news site Breitbart, is apparently focusing on “nationalism, cryptocurrencies, and digital sovereignty.”
Twitter couldn’t help but mock the perceived banality of Bannon’s bragging on his “new ideology.”
Former strategist to the POTUS or weed-fueled late-night dorm-room bull session? https://t.co/qiXA0C9Aj9
— Michael Watson (@MichaelWatsonDC) March 22, 2018
Some people offered Bannon alternatives for his newly adopted “three pillars.”
Silly me. I thought the three pillars would be gin, skin problems, and layered shirts. https://t.co/DpLSJKE8hc
— Monkey, LLC (@VitruvianMonkey) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my ideology are racism, sexism, and funny pink hats https://t.co/DW7DGsLD1y
— R.George (@BltwayPundit) March 22, 2018
*extremely steve bannon voice*
you see the future belongs to a great new movement defined by three things:
— b-boy bouiebaisse (@jbouie) March 22, 2018
But many co-opted the “three pillars” idea for their own lifestyles. The proclaimed ideologies ranged from straightforward…
the three pillars of my new ideaology are
1) hug all the dogs
2) eat all the french fries
3) did i mention dogs
— darth™ (@darth) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my ideology are elephants, dogs, and Stevie Nicks https://t.co/TKhCDTvcaL
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) March 22, 2018
THE THREE PILLARS OF MY NEW IDEOLOGY ARE FREEDOM, OREOS AND CLUB SODA SUBSIDIES #threepillars
— Brad Bauman (@bradbaumn) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are bees, beagles, and dairy free options.
— Liz Charboneau (@lizchar) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my ideology are Courage, Wisdom, and Power.
— Alex Griswold (@HashtagGriswold) March 22, 2018
My philosophy has three pillars: snacks, science fiction, and retrowave aesthetics
— one computey boi (@WrithingCortex) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are promoting Twitter addiction, eating too much Ben and Jerry’s, and Keynesian Gym Rat Theory
— Asa Zaretsky (@asazaret) March 22, 2018
to completely obscure.
the three pillars of my new ideology are serbian nationalism, weeaboos, and tor
— chris hooks (@cd_hooks) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are 1.) delete ur account 2) dogecoin 3) delete ur account
— Ben White (@morningmoneyben) March 22, 2018
pls guys totally wingin' it. god dam amnateur hour.
ok then, here. are the three pillars of my new ideology:
1. respect the kritarchy
2. all taxes go . to me
2. pay ur taxes on time to me.
any questions banjon? didnt think so. b
— Mr. Discourse (@TheMrDiscourse) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of Definitive Anime Review are as follows:
– Cream soda
– A marble pillar.
— Go! Princess Aria (@buildknuckle) March 22, 2018
the three pillars of my new ideology are:
strong nuclear force
weak nuclear force
— sexy existential nihilism (@stanthemanchan) March 22, 2018
One person even went for a five-pillar approach.
The five pillars of my new ideology:
Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan and Dylan.
I SPIT HOT FIRE!!! https://t.co/pyPRNQBWTf
— Dan Lavoie (@djlavoie) March 22, 2018
Bannon—who became a central figure in the investigation into Russian collusion and incited Trump’s wrath with comments highlighted in Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury—seems to invite controversy wherever he goes. We’ll see where his three pillars take him next.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.