- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military 11 Months Ago
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Today 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Today 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
Steve Bannon’s ‘three pillar’ ideology is already a scintillating meme
‘*Extremely Steve Bannon voice*’
Bannon spent much of the talk downplaying the influence of Cambridge Analytica—which he helped create and takes credit for naming—in the 2016 election after days of scrutiny over the firm’s use of personal data has sent Facebook into an apologetic frenzy.
But Twitter zeroed in on a particular Bannon soundbite reported by the Daily Beast’s Max Tani. Bannon says he has a new political outlook with three main points, according to Tani.
Bannon says the three pillars of his new ideology are nationalism, cryptocurrencies, and digital sovereignty.
— Max Tani (@maxwelltani) March 22, 2018
Bannon, a former exec for right-wing news site Breitbart, is apparently focusing on “nationalism, cryptocurrencies, and digital sovereignty.”
Twitter couldn’t help but mock the perceived banality of Bannon’s bragging on his “new ideology.”
Former strategist to the POTUS or weed-fueled late-night dorm-room bull session? https://t.co/qiXA0C9Aj9
— Michael Watson (@MichaelWatsonDC) March 22, 2018
Some people offered Bannon alternatives for his newly adopted “three pillars.”
Silly me. I thought the three pillars would be gin, skin problems, and layered shirts. https://t.co/DpLSJKE8hc
— Monkey, LLC (@VitruvianMonkey) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my ideology are racism, sexism, and funny pink hats https://t.co/DW7DGsLD1y
— R.George (@BltwayPundit) March 22, 2018
*extremely steve bannon voice*
you see the future belongs to a great new movement defined by three things:
— b-boy bouiebaisse (@jbouie) March 22, 2018
But many co-opted the “three pillars” idea for their own lifestyles. The proclaimed ideologies ranged from straightforward…
the three pillars of my new ideaology are
1) hug all the dogs
2) eat all the french fries
3) did i mention dogs
— darth™ (@darth) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my ideology are elephants, dogs, and Stevie Nicks https://t.co/TKhCDTvcaL
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) March 22, 2018
THE THREE PILLARS OF MY NEW IDEOLOGY ARE FREEDOM, OREOS AND CLUB SODA SUBSIDIES #threepillars
— Brad Bauman (@bradbaumn) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are bees, beagles, and dairy free options.
— Liz Charboneau (@lizchar) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my ideology are Courage, Wisdom, and Power.
— Alex Griswold (@HashtagGriswold) March 22, 2018
My philosophy has three pillars: snacks, science fiction, and retrowave aesthetics
— one computey boi (@WrithingCortex) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are promoting Twitter addiction, eating too much Ben and Jerry’s, and Keynesian Gym Rat Theory
— Asa Zaretsky (@asazaret) March 22, 2018
to completely obscure.
the three pillars of my new ideology are serbian nationalism, weeaboos, and tor
— chris hooks (@cd_hooks) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of my new ideology are 1.) delete ur account 2) dogecoin 3) delete ur account
— Ben White (@morningmoneyben) March 22, 2018
pls guys totally wingin' it. god dam amnateur hour.
ok then, here. are the three pillars of my new ideology:
1. respect the kritarchy
2. all taxes go . to me
2. pay ur taxes on time to me.
any questions banjon? didnt think so. b
— Mr. Discourse (@TheMrDiscourse) March 22, 2018
The three pillars of Definitive Anime Review are as follows:
– Cream soda
– A marble pillar.
— Go! Princess Aria (@buildknuckle) March 22, 2018
the three pillars of my new ideology are:
strong nuclear force
weak nuclear force
— sexy existential nihilism (@stanthemanchan) March 22, 2018
One person even went for a five-pillar approach.
The five pillars of my new ideology:
Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan and Dylan.
I SPIT HOT FIRE!!! https://t.co/pyPRNQBWTf
— Dan Lavoie (@djlavoie) March 22, 2018
Bannon—who became a central figure in the investigation into Russian collusion and incited Trump’s wrath with comments highlighted in Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury—seems to invite controversy wherever he goes. We’ll see where his three pillars take him next.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.