- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
With Spicer reportedly on the outs with President Donald Trump, the White House has switched a great number of on-camera briefings to off-camera gaggles—a move that has upset the White House Press Corps, who believe the administration is trying to restrict access to information. In an article about the matter for the Atlantic, Bannon spoke with Rosie Gray and gave another reason for the switch-up.
It’s not about restricting a free press. No, not at all. Sean Spicer is no longer on camera only because he gained weight.
Even though Sean Spicer has been Twitter’s punching bag for the better part of half a year, he’s been their punching bag, and they rallied to his defense.
Bannon really threw him under the bus here https://t.co/eu45lKmMYP— Clinton Nguyen (@clinton_ngn) June 20, 2017
@realDonaldTrump - Your little minion Bannon is a joke (and a racist). Sean Spicer got fat? Has he looked at you or in the mirror?— Patricia Moser (@mosercounty) June 20, 2017
When you have to click to see if it's real (it is) https://t.co/lmFvratdSE— Amanda Katz (@katzish) June 20, 2017
So I'm guessing steve Bannon doesn't have any mirrors in his house? https://t.co/Yl789SKgBJ— Bob Diz (@bobdiz2) June 20, 2017
I expected more from an a Authoritarian goon that used to run a conspiracy website. https://t.co/QlrFWyuuhq— Andy (@tomlowrysghost) June 20, 2017
I'd like to say this is unbelievable... but it's not. https://t.co/Px6luVaf6n— Elle (@gleefulreader) June 20, 2017
The White House using fat shaming to justify increased opacity. 2017. https://t.co/pWqupoAOXu— Chelsea Clinton (@ChelseaClinton) June 20, 2017
Spicer will reportedly still have a role in the administration as a senior communications adviser. The White House did announce that Spicer would brief the press on camera today at 1:30pm ET.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]