- Maggie Rogers calls out catcaller at Austin concert 3 Months Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Unnatural Selection’ breaks down the pros and cons of biohacking 3 Months Ago
- Did Trump flip off astronauts from the all-women spacewalk? 3 Months Ago
- Report: Mark Zuckerberg advised Pete Buttigieg on campaign hires Today 10:29 AM
- ‘New Girl’ star Lamorne Morris handcuffed by white cop for recording his friend’s arrest Today 10:25 AM
- Mitt Romney, aka ‘Pierre Delecto,’ uses a fake account to lurk on Twitter Today 10:20 AM
- ‘The Laundromat’ sacrifices narrative for artistic experimentation Today 9:24 AM
- James Charles mocks the Dobre Brothers’ fan controversy Today 9:22 AM
- Vin Diesel stars in the first trailer for comic book movie ‘Bloodshot’ Today 7:48 AM
- MAGA rappers are dropping beats for Trump Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Sheffield United Today 1:00 AM
- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
The photo was originally taken by director Jon Watts and posted to his Instagram Stories. Watts included the caption, “The cast loves when I take BTS pics,” referring to Zendaya’s disapproving look. Holland, meanwhile, looks like he’s explaining something to the actress and singer.
On July 8, the Instagram fan page @tomhollandupdates posted a version of the picture that has since received over 16,000 likes.
The meme template then spread to Reddit.
Anyone who knows memes can see that it’s the perfect setup, and Reddit was happy to respond.
This isn’t the first time Zendaya has found herself at the center of a meme. Back in September of 2018, she was the subject of a viral internet song called “Zendaya is Meechee”, based on her role in the animated film Smallfoot.
At the time, she seemed to enjoy the meme, or at least the fact that singer Gabriel Gundacker got her name right.
Sang my name right and everything 😂😂😂 https://t.co/1rKNc2eff9— Zendaya (@Zendaya) September 23, 2018
How she feels about this new one remains to be seen.
- ‘Zendaya is Meechee’ is the feel-good hit of the fall
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is a hilarious teen comedy with a great villain
- ‘Euphoria’ paints an unflinching portrait of Gen Z’s search for ‘nothingness’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.