- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
- Trump at the start of Mueller investigation: ‘I’m f*cked’ Thursday 11:19 AM
- Joe Rogan’s podcast has a serious women problem Thursday 11:10 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts for every budget Thursday 11:04 AM
‘Skinny Santa’ video imagines our reactions to a wildly different Saint Nick
What if Santa gave himself Weight Watchers for Christmas?
The holidays often turn into seemingly endless dessert marathons, but while us ordinary humans are packing on the winter weight, Santa might be getting a head start on his New Year’s workout routine.
The result of this hypothetical? Terrifyingly LOL.
David Craig and Lily Du, the funny twosome behind that Love Actually spoof, have recast Santa as a svelte, sharp-jawed version of his normally jolly self. The video opens on Craig as Santa exhibiting his newly slim physique with all the glee of Subway’s newest spokesperson. The pedestrians Santa encounters, however, are nowhere near as pleased with his new look.
As Santa goes for a stroll in the park to spread holiday cheer, hipsters taunt him, children edge away from him, and even those who embrace him are wary of his strange new look.
“Even your hands are thin,” remarks comedian Jo Firestone, who reluctantly perches on Skinny Santa’s lap. “You look like some kind of winter skeleton.”
For more dark holiday humor, check out Craig and Du’s Secret Santa Fail video, featuring a cute puppy surprise gone horribly awry.
Screengrab via David Craig/YouTube
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.