- Woman with Tumblr page devoted to Dylann Roof arrested for plotting terrorism Today 2:32 AM
- How much money do you need to book Beyoncé for your wedding? Monday 8:00 PM
- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
- Dog waits for weeks by his family’s burned house after California wildfire Monday 5:45 PM
- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube Monday 3:46 PM
- The best sex toys for couples to heat up the holidays Monday 3:35 PM
- Chrissy Teigen shares tattoo her dad got of her face for her birthday Monday 3:31 PM
- Kavanaugh votes against hearing Planned Parenthood defunding case Monday 3:14 PM
- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Monday 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Monday 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Monday 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Monday 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Monday 12:17 PM
‘Skinny Santa’ video imagines our reactions to a wildly different Saint Nick
What if Santa gave himself Weight Watchers for Christmas?
The holidays often turn into seemingly endless dessert marathons, but while us ordinary humans are packing on the winter weight, Santa might be getting a head start on his New Year’s workout routine.
The result of this hypothetical? Terrifyingly LOL.
David Craig and Lily Du, the funny twosome behind that Love Actually spoof, have recast Santa as a svelte, sharp-jawed version of his normally jolly self. The video opens on Craig as Santa exhibiting his newly slim physique with all the glee of Subway’s newest spokesperson. The pedestrians Santa encounters, however, are nowhere near as pleased with his new look.
As Santa goes for a stroll in the park to spread holiday cheer, hipsters taunt him, children edge away from him, and even those who embrace him are wary of his strange new look.
“Even your hands are thin,” remarks comedian Jo Firestone, who reluctantly perches on Skinny Santa’s lap. “You look like some kind of winter skeleton.”
For more dark holiday humor, check out Craig and Du’s Secret Santa Fail video, featuring a cute puppy surprise gone horribly awry.
Screengrab via David Craig/YouTube
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.