- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live 5 Years Ago
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Today 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America (updated) Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
‘Skinny Santa’ video imagines our reactions to a wildly different Saint Nick
What if Santa gave himself Weight Watchers for Christmas?
The holidays often turn into seemingly endless dessert marathons, but while us ordinary humans are packing on the winter weight, Santa might be getting a head start on his New Year’s workout routine.
The result of this hypothetical? Terrifyingly LOL.
David Craig and Lily Du, the funny twosome behind that Love Actually spoof, have recast Santa as a svelte, sharp-jawed version of his normally jolly self. The video opens on Craig as Santa exhibiting his newly slim physique with all the glee of Subway’s newest spokesperson. The pedestrians Santa encounters, however, are nowhere near as pleased with his new look.
As Santa goes for a stroll in the park to spread holiday cheer, hipsters taunt him, children edge away from him, and even those who embrace him are wary of his strange new look.
“Even your hands are thin,” remarks comedian Jo Firestone, who reluctantly perches on Skinny Santa’s lap. “You look like some kind of winter skeleton.”
For more dark holiday humor, check out Craig and Du’s Secret Santa Fail video, featuring a cute puppy surprise gone horribly awry.
Screengrab via David Craig/YouTube
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.