- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
‘Skinny Santa’ video imagines our reactions to a wildly different Saint Nick
What if Santa gave himself Weight Watchers for Christmas?
The holidays often turn into seemingly endless dessert marathons, but while us ordinary humans are packing on the winter weight, Santa might be getting a head start on his New Year’s workout routine.
The result of this hypothetical? Terrifyingly LOL.
David Craig and Lily Du, the funny twosome behind that Love Actually spoof, have recast Santa as a svelte, sharp-jawed version of his normally jolly self. The video opens on Craig as Santa exhibiting his newly slim physique with all the glee of Subway’s newest spokesperson. The pedestrians Santa encounters, however, are nowhere near as pleased with his new look.
As Santa goes for a stroll in the park to spread holiday cheer, hipsters taunt him, children edge away from him, and even those who embrace him are wary of his strange new look.
“Even your hands are thin,” remarks comedian Jo Firestone, who reluctantly perches on Skinny Santa’s lap. “You look like some kind of winter skeleton.”
For more dark holiday humor, check out Craig and Du’s Secret Santa Fail video, featuring a cute puppy surprise gone horribly awry.
Screengrab via David Craig/YouTube
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.