- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
There’s already a ‘Seinfeld’ script for that rejected Kesha hug
Jerry Seinfeld rejecting a hug from Kesha is so funny it should be an episode of Seinfeld.
In case you missed it, on Monday, while giving an interview at a charity event, Jerry Seinfeld refused to hug a star-struck Kesha, who asked the comedian to embrace her three different times. In his defense, he was in the middle of an interview and had no idea who she was. In her defense, she’s had a pretty tough year.
Seinfeld was as polite as possible and Kesha later posted she had “lots to smile about,” so it seems like it’s no big deal.
lots to smile about 🌈😻 pic.twitter.com/brB7OLlvS3— kesha (@KeshaRose) June 6, 2017
User pw-15 starts off the script in perfect Seinfeld fashion and even works in a nice Mulva reference.
Jerry: “So I’m standing there talking to this reporter, answering his questions, you know, and this lady walks up like she knows me, and does this hugging motion!”
George: “Hugging motion? Who does that?!”
Jerry, nodding: “This lady apparently. And I’m thinking to myself ‘Oh No, do I know this person? Is this that girl I dated last week? I can’t remember her name!'”
George: “Mulva, her name was Mulva. What was the hugging motion like? Was it like this?”
George comes at Jerry with open arms, just as Kramer barges into the apartment…
Another user chimed in.
Kramer: puts down a live chicken “So Jerry. I hear you turned down Kesha.”
Jerry and George together: “What’s a Kesha?”
Kramer: gathering hats from Jerry’s closet “What’s a Kesha? What’s a Kesha?! Wow, you’re really out of touch Jerry.” Begins trying different hats on the chicken
From there it was off to the races as other users added to the script.
Jerry, looking exasperated with hands in the air: “That was my new agent. He says he’s booked a lunch meeting tomorrow with Kesha. Apparently she wants to work with me and thinks I’m the perfect spokesman for her new hat line.”
George: “You reject a hug from Kesha and now you get to have lunch with her!?”
Kramer, with chicken still in hand: “Wait just a minute Jerry. You’re saying that this Kesha has hats? Hats for your head? You’ve got to let me come with you to that lunch. I’ll drive you.”
Thus far the script is only one scene but hopefully redditors will continue to add to it until it’s a full episode. With any luck the cast will reunite and shoot the whole thing.
You can check out the full script below.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.