- Chrissy Teigen draws the ire of QAnon fans for criticizing conspiracy 2 Years Ago
- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes Today 9:28 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ episode title reveal highlights how dumb episode title reveals are Today 9:27 AM
- Ajit Pai is unhappy states are bucking his agency’s net neutrality repeal Today 9:04 AM
- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme Today 8:23 AM
- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
So, when news of his resignation broke early Friday afternoon, the social media network was downright inconsolable, as they commiserated with Spicer—lol, jk, they just kept crapping on him like they always did.
First off, they dug up this old Spicer tweet, because… well…
Someones getting fired— Sean Spicer (@seanspicer) May 23, 2013
Then they cracked every single joke under the sun.
makin my way downtown, walkin fast— WO AI NI GRAMPA (@jacobtwop) July 21, 2017
faces pass & I'm homebound
starin blankly ahead, just makin my way
making a way thru the crowd pic.twitter.com/OLDo41f8Rs
"Hi, I'm Sean Spicer, welcome to my nerr show on Fox Noox, News. My first gurst, guest is nan other than good fend, friend Talker Carlson."— David Stassen (@davidstassen) July 21, 2017
I feel like every time a Trump employee quits, Oompa Loompas should appear & sing a song to teach us about the perils of gluttony & greed.— Frankie (@phranqueigh) July 21, 2017
No More Mister Spice Guy— Mark Weinstein (@mwweinstein) July 21, 2017
Sean Spicer is gonna get drunk tonight and send Trump some "I miss you" texts— Dub (@WMsDiary) July 21, 2017
And it seems to me you lived your life like a candle in the wind. pic.twitter.com/6eeW4bd5Oi— Louis Peitzman (@LouisPeitzman) July 21, 2017
In one hand, you could feel sorry for Sean Spicer. On the other, no one fucks with dipping dots and gets away with it.— Scobe (@scobeard) July 21, 2017
The only thing crazy about Spicer's resignation is that it took this long.— jessica wakeman (@JessicaWakeman) July 21, 2017
This video of Sean Spicer speaking English to the best of his ability still destroys me pic.twitter.com/k0r3nqemJy— Caity Weaver (@caityweaver) July 21, 2017
Oh wow he's really leaving. pic.twitter.com/gebEQtoriv— Mike Scollins (@mikescollins) July 21, 2017
Even politicos got in on the fun.
Congratulations Sean Spicer. You've got more guts than Jeff Sessions!— Maxine Waters (@MaxineWaters) July 21, 2017
Wishing Sean Spicer the best of luck in all future endeavors.— John Dingell (@JohnDingell) July 21, 2017
We'll always have those six months of you lying to us every single day.
Sean Spicer may be gone thanks to the appointment of Anthony Scaramucci as the new White House communications director, but will always have the moments. And while the internet is happy now, they’re gonna be pretty bummed when a non-memeable press secretary takes his place.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]