- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
School picture day can be one of the most stressful for a parent. But when one Pennsylvania mom, Laura Pyle, let her daughter Addison pick her photo outfit, a silly mistake turned into a hilarious—and now viral—story.
It started as a photo day like any other.
“She wanted to curl her hair, so I woke her up a little early and we just spent some mommy and me time doing her hair,” Pyle told the Daily Dot. “We agreed that she could wear her special necklace for pictures that my mother had selected for her before she passed away from cancer when Addison was just 1.”
The first grader also chose to wear a green dress with sequins.
Pyle said the family got ready and quickly snapped a photo in the school drop off line to send a picture to Addison’s dad “who works long hours and wasn’t able to see her that day.” It didn’t occur to her that Addison’s green dress could possibly blend in with the green screen background—until she received the photo proofs in an email.
She shared the hilarious results in a Facebook post. “Y’all. THIS IS THE BEST FUCK UP I HAVE EVER DONE,” she wrote.
Y'all. THIS IS THE BEST FUCK UP I HAVE EVER DONE. 😂😂😂I let Addison pick her dress out for picture day. She...Posted by Laura Pyle on Friday, September 21, 2018
“I dropped my phone, I was laughing so hard I was crying,” Pyle said. “I thought they were absolutely hilarious and had to screenshot several and send to my husband.”
She said her favorite photos are a toss-up between Addison’s shirt blending into the wheat field or the American flag. “The sequins on her dress really make the wheat field shimmer,” she said.
She had planned to keep the photos to herself until her friends asked her to make them public.
“I didn’t think anyone would really care,” Pyle said. “And now it has almost 11k shares.” As of this writing, her Facebook post has more than 13,000 likes, too.
In a blog post about the whole ordeal, Pyle wrote that she had “never messed up anything so brilliantly.”
“Addy’s photos perfectly fit her Addy-tude,” she wrote, “and our entire family cannot help but laugh over how amazing and hilarious they are.”
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.