- Desperate YouTuber goes on ‘holy pilgrimage’ to meet PewDiePie 7 Months Ago
- Influencer faces 20 years for hiring cousin to threaten man into giving up domain name 7 Months Ago
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ isn’t actually the end of Marvel’s Phase 3 7 Months Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ just obliterated every stupid argument about its place in canon Today 9:24 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ brings us lots of horny Tormund memes Today 8:46 AM
- 12 adult toys sex bloggers swear by Today 8:45 AM
- Howard Schultz mocked for ‘majority of Americans are Americans’ ad Today 8:35 AM
- The ultimate guide to strap-ons Today 8:00 AM
- Why ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ is my favorite Marvel movie Today 7:59 AM
- The quick and dirty guide to buying your first vibrator Today 7:45 AM
- How to watch ‘Live Rescue’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Roger Stone to speak at Virginia strip club Today 6:56 AM
- Trans/Sex: Solid sex toy picks for pre-op and non-op trans women Today 6:30 AM
- Why Barrett Brown burned his National Magazine Award—and what he’s planning next Today 6:30 AM
- That heartbreaking ‘Game of Thrones’ song has key ties to the book Today 6:27 AM
‘I was laughing so hard I was crying.’
School picture day can be one of the most stressful for a parent. But when one Pennsylvania mom, Laura Pyle, let her daughter Addison pick her photo outfit, a silly mistake turned into a hilarious—and now viral—story.
It started as a photo day like any other.
“She wanted to curl her hair, so I woke her up a little early and we just spent some mommy and me time doing her hair,” Pyle told the Daily Dot. “We agreed that she could wear her special necklace for pictures that my mother had selected for her before she passed away from cancer when Addison was just 1.”
The first grader also chose to wear a green dress with sequins.
Pyle said the family got ready and quickly snapped a photo in the school drop off line to send a picture to Addison’s dad “who works long hours and wasn’t able to see her that day.” It didn’t occur to her that Addison’s green dress could possibly blend in with the green screen background—until she received the photo proofs in an email.
She shared the hilarious results in a Facebook post. “Y’all. THIS IS THE BEST FUCK UP I HAVE EVER DONE,” she wrote.
Y'all. THIS IS THE BEST FUCK UP I HAVE EVER DONE. 😂😂😂I let Addison pick her dress out for picture day. She…
“I dropped my phone, I was laughing so hard I was crying,” Pyle said. “I thought they were absolutely hilarious and had to screenshot several and send to my husband.”
She said her favorite photos are a toss-up between Addison’s shirt blending into the wheat field or the American flag. “The sequins on her dress really make the wheat field shimmer,” she said.
She had planned to keep the photos to herself until her friends asked her to make them public.
“I didn’t think anyone would really care,” Pyle said. “And now it has almost 11k shares.” As of this writing, her Facebook post has more than 13,000 likes, too.
In a blog post about the whole ordeal, Pyle wrote that she had “never messed up anything so brilliantly.”
“Addy’s photos perfectly fit her Addy-tude,” she wrote, “and our entire family cannot help but laugh over how amazing and hilarious they are.”
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.