- Trump’s handwritten ‘I WANT NOTHING’ note gets memed Today 12:57 PM
- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale Today 12:40 PM
- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online Today 12:14 PM
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera Today 12:10 PM
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme Today 12:01 PM
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for (updated) Today 11:55 AM
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel could be in the works from Warner Bros. (updated) Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
School picture day can be one of the most stressful for a parent. But when one Pennsylvania mom, Laura Pyle, let her daughter Addison pick her photo outfit, a silly mistake turned into a hilarious—and now viral—story.
It started as a photo day like any other.
“She wanted to curl her hair, so I woke her up a little early and we just spent some mommy and me time doing her hair,” Pyle told the Daily Dot. “We agreed that she could wear her special necklace for pictures that my mother had selected for her before she passed away from cancer when Addison was just 1.”
The first grader also chose to wear a green dress with sequins.
Pyle said the family got ready and quickly snapped a photo in the school drop off line to send a picture to Addison’s dad “who works long hours and wasn’t able to see her that day.” It didn’t occur to her that Addison’s green dress could possibly blend in with the green screen background—until she received the photo proofs in an email.
She shared the hilarious results in a Facebook post. “Y’all. THIS IS THE BEST FUCK UP I HAVE EVER DONE,” she wrote.
Y'all. THIS IS THE BEST FUCK UP I HAVE EVER DONE. 😂😂😂I let Addison pick her dress out for picture day. She...Posted by Laura Pyle on Friday, September 21, 2018
“I dropped my phone, I was laughing so hard I was crying,” Pyle said. “I thought they were absolutely hilarious and had to screenshot several and send to my husband.”
She said her favorite photos are a toss-up between Addison’s shirt blending into the wheat field or the American flag. “The sequins on her dress really make the wheat field shimmer,” she said.
She had planned to keep the photos to herself until her friends asked her to make them public.
“I didn’t think anyone would really care,” Pyle said. “And now it has almost 11k shares.” As of this writing, her Facebook post has more than 13,000 likes, too.
In a blog post about the whole ordeal, Pyle wrote that she had “never messed up anything so brilliantly.”
“Addy’s photos perfectly fit her Addy-tude,” she wrote, “and our entire family cannot help but laugh over how amazing and hilarious they are.”
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.